Saturday, August 13, 2011

VC-Rocks Final Blog Hop of the Summer

Hello my blogging friends, I hope this post finds you all well and happy!

This is a bitter sweet day for most of us over at VC-Rocks because this is our last Hop of the Summer. This Summer went too fast! Between my DD's move then our move and now my Mom's surgery it just went too fast.

Several good thing I can say (Now) is that we have settled in to our new home , We are really enjoying the area. Redlands is one fun town . Market Night on Thursdays, Concerts in the Park Fridays, Big Bear and Arrowhead Lakes near by plenty of fun restaurants and SHOPPING and a grocery store just with in a few miles!!!!.
(Lake Arrowhead is really the place that the bottled water comes from btw!) We are even 15 degrees cooler than where we used to live and get a daily breeze in the afternoon. Thank goodness!

Well, Enough of that let's get on with the Blog Hop!!! If you want to start from the beginning of our blog hop please click here  http://www.vcrocks.blogspot.com to get you there.
You most likely came to my blog from the very talented Sharon Field's blog  http://www.createdbyu.blogspot.com   
Sharon is so very talented.  I love her blog on Saturdays, as she usually has super tutorials!
Our Theme for the Blog Hop this month is Glorious Punches so, I made you several examples of things you can make using punches. The first project was a simple flower made by using the Fancy Flower Punch and the three little leaves are punched from the Bird Builder Punch.

 The next card  displays three different types of flower options a cow and a smiling sun.
I used the Scallop Circle for the crow and just trimmed hear and there and added a little piece of a flower from the Boho Blossom Punch for the beak. The sun is made using two flowers from the Boho Blossom Punch, then for the face I used the Owl Builder Punch. The vine with the flowers on it are the leaf from the Bird Builder Punch and the Boho Blossom Punch for the flowers. The Tulip and the Long Flower are all made with the Bird Builder Punch. I ripped some Old Olive CS and cut little slices in it to make the grass. I made the background plane so you could see the objects better, otherwise I would have added clouds too.

My final project is a card with a pair of nesting Cranes.

The Cranes were made by using the Blossom Petals Punch, Extra Large Oval, Boho Blossom, Bird Builder, Owl Builder, Scallop Oval, 1/2" Circle and the Modern Label Punches. The nest used the Scallop Oval, Bird Builder and the Boho Blossom Punches. I used a tropical looking DSP Beyond the Garden for the background.

Well, that's all I have for today. I hope you enjoyed your visit to My Little Patch of Dirt x 2, please come back anytime! I would love to hear from you as to what you think about these projects, so please leave me a comment. Now to continue your journey please go and visit Angela Walters over at http://www.lifewithawienerdog.com. You will just love what Angela and Frank have in store for you.

28 comments:

Carey said...

Fantabulous my BFF. I love the cranes. You are one talented gal.

Carey and Roscoe

Nichole Loe said...

I love your post Patrice!! My favorite is the cranes!

Sharon Field / Inky A*Muse-ment said...

Wow, Wow, Wow!!! Those cranes are fabulous Patrice... pure genius!!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the cranes! How creative! Great work!

Ria Blackwell

Krafting Karen said...

Your artwork is so nice! Love those cranes!!!!

A Touch of SOL said...

Chica! This is FA-BU! Absolutely AMAZING AMIGA!

Elizabeth said...

oh my! What gorgeous work. Those cranes look like it took alot of work and time. Love it!

Brandy said...

Those Cranes are amazing! How did you come up with those? Love your punches bunches girlfriend!

creations by jackie said...

Gorgeous cards and I love the cranes. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

WOW WOW, what wonderful items, and those cranes....just gorgeous...thanks for hopping

inkedx2 said...

OMG this is fabulous! You have been hiding your talent. You need to let it shine more! Love all your creations!

Robbie

Janice said...

Wow, great projects! I love them all, the cranes are so cute. Thanks for sharing.

Deana13 said...

Love those cranes! How about a little tutorial so we can do them too?

Debbie Martin said...

Great cranes! Loved your rose also.
www.cleverandcute.blogspot.com

Stamper Shirley said...

Well, Patrice my friend ... thank you for sharing these creations!! I am so impressed! The cranes are fab as are the others - I've never seen punched cranes like this before - definitely a keeper to CASE. Thanx again, Hugs and God Bless, Sassy P.S. Sharon says "hi" ...

Beth Harple said...

These are wonderful, I really like the cranes and may have to try making them.

Anonymous said...

I really need ideas for that blossom punch I have! THANKS for sharing

Kathy said...

Love that little black crowtoo cute :-)

Tory said...

Wow! Those cranes are fabulous!

Alicia said...

Fabulous projects!! Thanks for sharing!!

Shari said...

HOLY CRACKERS, Patrice! Those cranes are AWESOME!!!

elaine said...

I love the bright, bright flower and the crow on the card is a fun project but those cranes - they are great! I'll be CASEing real soon I'm sure. I love all your projects, thanks!

Cynthia Ferenz said...

Very nice! I love the crane and your little crow is adorable too!

Cindy Ferenz
Proud Parent of 2 Soldiers

Debbie Peterson said...

Wow, Patrice these are great! So creative!
Debbie Peterson

Kym said...

Wow! those cranes are awesome.

Kym

Carolyn Sharkas said...

Oh my gosh, Patrice, you know how much I love birds and these are spectacular!!! I may have to make some of these cranes and the little crow is adorable, also. hugs my friend and thanks for sharing.

Brenda said...

Lovely cards Patrice. What a great variety of uses for the punches. Love the cranes!

Sharon Field / Inky A*Muse-ment said...

Oh Patrice.. those cranes are gorgeous!! guess I missed the hop way back when!