Saturday, July 23, 2011

Hungry for a Taco

Hello to all my blogging friends. I hope this post finds you all well and happy!

I was thinking about what to make for dinner yesterday and came up with Mexican Food.
So, I made Tacos for dinner and for fun. I made this taco for fun and I took a bite out of it too, but my real ones tasted soooo much better hahahaha.

Here is what I came up with. I was just playing around but I think it came out really cute. My DH laughed when  I showed him his dinner he thought it looked really good, but he is my greatest supporter.
Maybe next time I will soften the left side a bit more! Here is the inside;
Now a close up;

I drew a taco shell free hand by using a bowl from the kitchen on regular white card stock. Once the template was cut  I folded a piece of More Mustard CS the size of a regular 5 1/2 x 4 1/4  standard card, I then turned it upside down so the fold is on the bottom. You have to do this so the stuff doesn't fall out of your taco....Next, I ran a piece of Early Espresso CS (used for the meat) through the Big Shot with the Lattice Embossing Folder then cut that piece into cubes to look like cut steak hahaha. I tore a few scraps of Old Olive CS to make the lettuce.  I used a 1" circle punch  on Real Red CS  for the tomatoes, then I cut those circles in half. I used Daffodil Delight for the Cheese and ran that piece of card stock (CS) through the Big Shot using the Polka Dot Embossing Folder to give the cheese some texture. Next I used some spritz on the shell to make it look like a real corn tortilla and sponged around the edges for definition. It was fun to make this taco and I think it came out really cute.

I had to add these extra photos below, as it amazes to me that I get any work done with all these animals around me all the time lololol . Jeff calls it a Dogstacle Course  not an Obstacle Course when we have to maneuver around them because sometimes they just don't move  (Smile).




Now it is your turn go create something fun!

6 comments:

Anne Marie Hile said...

I love it! Such a fun and creative card! All of the details you added are awesome. I would love to make some of these for invitations to a party we have coming up. Great photo of your Dogstacle Course, too. They look pretty comfortable. Lol!

Virgo5 said...

Wow, what a great idea, love it!

Carol said...

Really cute and very creative idea...I could eat a nice beef taco right this minute!

Sally said...

Very creative-makes me hungry

Susan (rainy) said...

This is so fun and creative! Love the little bite taken out of it. lol

Too funny on the term "Dogstacle Course"! hehe

Lisa R. said...

So cute! TFS