Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Fancy Gate Fold #2

Hello to all my blogging friends. I hope this post find you all well and happy!

I just can not get enough of the Gate Fold Card layout. There are so many different card ideas and options that you can make out of it!
Here is a little something I made today, I think it came out nicely. It was one of those cards that just took forever to make lolol.
I changed the color of the background paper and the bow I even added DSP squares at the end. I colored about 8 butterflies until I decided on which four I was going to use. Then I added a very light coat of the Shimmer Paint to the wings of the butterflies. It almost took all day to bring you what I have here. Thank goodness this was a housework free day for me or dinner was going to be late hahahah.

I even did a little something to the inside. I have to put that Bliss stamp set away for awhile. Can we say OK enough of the Bliss stamp already.
Supplies Used:
Stamp Set- Bliss

Classic Ink -Basic Black & Soft Suede.
Card Stock - Cherry Cobbler & Early Espresso.
Designer Series Paper (DSP) - Botanical Gazette.

Embellishments- Glimmer Brads, Frost White Shimmer Paint, Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding, Water Color Pencils, Glue Dots, Ultra thin Paint Brush & one 1/6th wedge of a sponge.


My daughter does Teen  Youth Ministry at her church and their slogan for this year is "LOVE IS THE AGENDA"
http://www.generatelife.com

There group has these really cute Tee Shirts with a Grunge style heart and design on them along with the slogan.
They are having a contest to see who can take the most outrageous and or fun photo with the Generate Logo/Slogan
She asked me to make her a poster of the slogan and then she was going to have lobsters holding up the sign. Here is the Poster I made for her. I could not find the picture on facebook that she took with the lobsters holding up the sign? It was really cute! That's all I have for today.
Have a great day everyone. Now it is your turn, go create something fun.

5 comments:

corinnesomerville said...

This is soooooo beautiful !!!!! What size are the pieces that you use as the straps for the fancy gate fold?

Patrice Herrera said...

Thanks for such a nice comment!
The top and bottom pieces are 3 7/8 x 1 5/8 and the inset DSP piece is 3 3/4 3/8
The center strip goes all the way across the front of the card 4 1/2 x 1 1/2 & 4 3/8 x 1 3/8. I used a scrap piece of card stock to make the card It is a 8 7/8 x 5 1/2" card. You can cut all measurements down to fit a regular 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 card I didn't measure it when I say this scrap piece. I would have to make my own envelope if I was going to mail it lololo

Ann Schach said...

I LOVE this! So creative and beautiful!

A Touch of SOL said...

This is AWESOME! I love it!

Aunt Mary said...

This is so great. Can't wait to try it--and now that you already took all day to figure it out--should be a breeze for us! Thanks for sharing