Thursday, June 14, 2012

SFF Mini Blog Hop 6/14/12

Hello to all my blogging friends. I hope this post finds you all well and happy!

Well I had good news this week Mr Brown came with some new SU goodies Yippee!!! I was soooooo excited. There are so many things in the new catalog that I am just itching to get my hands on lollol, and now with the soon to be released Mini Catty I am just going to be overwhelmed with what to choose next. But for now I get to play with my new stuff.

So let's get this Mini Blog Hop started. Our featured sketch was created by the very talented Tina Munzke. It is a very basic sketch, but that is what makes it so much more difficult.There is plenty to think about on how to use the shapes and the space provided. Tina you really did challenge me this week, thanks. Here is Tina's sketch
Here is my card

I turned the sketch on its side to make a top fold card. I added several layers and swapped out the circle so I could use one of the new Apothecary Dies . I chose Comfort Cafe DSP for the background piece added some pearls. Then stamped the sentiment with "happy birthday" from the Itty Bitty Banners stamp set. Next I  used another new Framelits Die called Bitty Banners. These little Dies are so easy to work with I was happily surprised. Good size clean cuts and like I said easy to use.
Here is a peek at the inside too,
The sentiment is from the Blessings From Heaven  stamp set it is a new catty item as well.

This card is a preview piece from a gift set I made for the second VC Rocks Blog Hop this weekend. Please come back Saturday morning to hop around our Hop (I am the Lucky #7 stop). I have a very pretty and fun gift set to share with you.
If you would like to create a card from Tina's wonderful sketch please upload it to our website http://sketchfrenzyfriday.blogspot.com/
Your next stop on our hop is to visit the very talented Robbie Rubula's blog http://inkedx2.blogspot.com/
Have a great week. I hope you find some time to create something fun too!
Chat soon Patrice

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love that DSP!! and your colors are very pretty!

Carey said...

I love what you have done with the DSP..
Carey and Roscoe

Sharon Wheet said...

Patrice, I just love how you turned the sketch on its side. Very clever! And I love how you used the new DSP and the dies Just LOVELY!
hugs, sharon w.