Thursday, May 9, 2013

Hello to all my blogging friends, I hope this post finds you all well and happy!

It has been raining all week. I was so glad to be able to stamp and couldn't wait to see this weeks sketch. This weeks sketch was created by Jennifer Weide. Wow! Is all I can say. Boy are these  creative ladies coming up with some great sketches every week. This one is no exception. Great job Jennifer!


I really had to take my time thinking about this one. I was wondering what I was going to do with all the blank space in the center? I think I sorted it out? I totally went off the reservation and went in a different direction than the original sketch concept of a solid center space. The basic sketch is there but  I just had to fill it in the central space.
This is what I came up with, what do you think?

I just couldn't leave the blank space alone (I really tried!). A pretty floral pattern just popped into my head and I went with it. I could not believe that this card came together in under 20 minutes. My honey Jeff was even surprised.
I love this technique I think it is called Black Magic? If you know the name of it let me know and I will write it in later. Carey, Deb, Sharon any ideas??? I stamped a floral image from the Elements of Style stamp set (I am so bummed this set is going to retire) in Craft White ink. I heat set the white craft ink so I could use watercolor pencils (I used a variety of mixed colors) to color over it.  The white ink allows the pencil colors to pop against the black background. I matted the panel to a scrap of Daffodil Delight and that contrast (Black and Yellow) also helped the image pop even more!
I used 4 -3/16 Neutral (Black) Brads.

Here is a look at the inside;



Thats all there is to this card, I hope you are inspired as much as I was and find some time to create something fun this weekend If you do we would love to see it. http://www.sketchfrenzyfriday.blogspot.com/

We are continuing to work on the garden and it feels good to once again get my fingers in the dirt. I will have some new pictures to show you real soon. The vegetables and flowers are growing so fast.
Spring is ok, but this ex-Californian is not quite used to all the rain the East Coast has to offer. I guess that's why it is so green around here. Note to self-  Rain = Green - Green is good! The "Woods" I call it a "Forrest" my neighbor laughs at me, surrounding our back yard is beginning to look more like a Jungle than the woods, lol. I can no longer see the hills or the woodland floor because of all the leaves on the trees the vines and berry bushes. Mind you this is not a complaint, it's just an observation! We really do live on a beautiful piece of property.

Have a great weekend my friends. I think we are in for more rain!

Chat soon,
Patrice

1 comment:

Carey said...

I love this card. It is a great one to send for just about anything. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Carey and Roscoe