Sunday, March 16, 2014

My husbands color challenge

Hello to all my blogging friends, I hope this post find you all well and happy!

It was Saturday night and I was board, so I asked Jeff to give me three colors, he laughed and said Purple, Orange and Blue and then he added make an interesting background for the card while you are at it.

So this is what I came up with.





I had not made a weaved background in a long time and I knew Jeff would love the texture. He hates basic square shaped cards so I off set the background piece a bit and added the circle to the side pieces for fun. I love the colors he chose don't you?

I was looking through my stash of goodies to see if I had anything interesting to use on this card and I found the floral image  that I used for the focal image on the front of this card. I made it about four years ago while we were still in Lake Elsinore CA. Funny how I water colored those flowers using the same colors that I needed for this card. That was a lucky find for sure.
I remembered the day I colored this image right when I saw it. I was outside in my car waiting for my daughter to get her wisdom teeth pulled. It was a beautiful Spring afternoon. I knew she would be a while so I brought my small crafting travel kit. I was parked under a tree and there was a light breeze coming through the car. Some of the images I painted fell on the console and I had to hustle to catch them. Isn't it funny how one item can sometimes bring back such a vivid memory.

Here is a look at the inside;



Supplies used to make this card.

Card Stock- Elegant Eggplant retired, Poppy Parade also retiredand Talen with Teal- retired and Whisper White.
Markers same colors as above.
Ink- Basic Black.
Stamp Sets- Happy Moments- 2010 Sale-A-Bration and Feel Goods.
Embellishment- Rhinestones and Tangerine Tango speciality Ribbon -retired.
Punches or Dies- Ovals Collection, Decorative Label, Owl Builder and Modern Lable

Well that's all there is to it for this card. I made another one too but I will show it to you another day. I hope you too find some time to create something fun soon.

Chat soon,
Patrice

No comments: