Thursday, June 12, 2014

Sketch Frenzy Friday 6/13/14

Hello to all my blogging friends, I hope this post finds you all well and happy!

Where did this week go? It has flown that's for sure. I have been working on three swaps for my VC Rocks group Just one more to go! As well as working out in the garden. I really do have to show you up dates because I am sooooo amazed at how big everything has gotten. We already harvested our broccoli it was yummy, and I picked three 6" beans lots of Cilantro and Parsley for our salads. All that in just a short time. It is fun to see that we are getting results. We are going to have veggies coming out of our ears. That's a corny joke haha.

OK enough of that funny business. I know you are here to see what this weeks sketch is and what I have done with it right!

Here is the sketch Diane Etchfield created for us. I really had a lot of fun with it, thanks Diane.

This is what I came up with,


I was given a challenge by my friend Bobby to make my own Designer Background Paper (DBP). So I took her up on her challenge and made my own  entirely from the Work of Art stamp set. Bobby also chose the color combination? It was to use Real Red, Tempting Turquoise and Old Olive. I was wearing a T-shirt with those colors in it she said that's where she got her inspiration. I wasn't quite sold on those colors but what the heck, a challenge is a challenge right!.  Thanks Bobby and it was a fun challenge! I haven't made my own Designer Background Paper in a long time, but with this stamp set anything is possible. I just love this set the water color images are so fun  to work with! At first I had a flat Old Olive mat circle behind my sentiment but decided to give the card some texture so I cut slits all along the edge of the circle. I really like the look much better than the flat that it that it originally had.

Now here is a look at the inside,


I used some of the left over DBP for the little strip on the left side of the card. I used a sentiment from the Really Good Greetings stamp set for the inside sentiment.

That's it for me this week. It's a short post because I still have another swap to get to. I hope Diane's sketch gets you inspired and you find some time to create something fun also. We would love to see what you come up with from it just leave it on our blog so we can see it OK.

No comments: