Hello my VC_Rockin Friends! Thank you for stopping by my blog today. I hope you all enjoy the project that I made for our first annual Blog Hop and have fun looking around my little patch of dirt. This is my second year attending VC_Rocks and I am really enjoying re-acquainting with old friends and making new ones. You all push me(OK,elbow check)to learn new things(this blog)and step up my creativity(this project). If you are new to VC_Rocks or a seasoned rocker I hope you have a great summer and enjoy the ride.
Now on to the project.
I won a hat like this one a few months ago. It was at my up-lines monthly SU meetings and really wanted to make one for someone special. What a better time then now to make this project for you, my VC_Rockin girlfriends. I included two matching fancy fold gift cards to make it an extra special gift set. I do not know for sure who made this wonderful project but I bet you can find a link to it on the (SCS) Split Coast Stampers web site.
If you leave me a comment before moving on to the next blog, I’m going to pull a random number from the comment list and the winner will receive the Hat and the Gift Cards as my thank you gift for visiting. Please leave your full name or e-mail address so I can notify the lucky winner. I will also announce the winner on the main VC_Rocks blog early next week.
Supplies: Big Shot,Polka Dot Impression Folder, Scallop Circle Punch, Extra Large 2 Step
Tombo Adhesive, On Board Book Scallop Circle, Sanding Block, Personal Cutter and Scissors.
Card Stock: Designer Series Paper Stack (Occasions Mini), White Card Stock, Old Olive (CS).
Ink: Rose Red Classic Ink.
Embellishments: Embosslets Beautiful Wings, Organza Ribbon 5/8”, Pretties Kit, Bigz Die SU
Beautiful Butterflies, Silver Elastic Cord.
1) Cut 2- 3” White circles.
2) Cut 2- 3 ¾” circles 1-in DSP, 1-in white.
3) Center one of the 3” circles in the center of the DSP circle and the other in center
of the white 3”circle.
4) Trace the 3” circles on both circles and draw lines to the 3” circle line.
5) Then cut little incisions to the circle line.
6) Fold the little incisions up to form a cup.
7) Glue the 3” circles to the inside of the cups. (This makes the hat top/bottom more secure)
8) Cut two 2 ½” x 11” strips, one in DSP and the other strip in White card stock.
9) Attach the white strip to the white folded circle cup using Tombo Adhesive set aside to dry.
10) Once dry attach the DSP 3 3/4” cup to the top of white strip to form a barrel.
11) Attach DSP to the barrel with Tombo adhesive & secure with a rubber band or hair tie.
Once the barrel is completed set it aside to dry.
12) Trace the Chip Board Scallop Circle on DSP. Cut the scallop circle out and attach it
13) Once the scallop circle is dry sand the edges until smooth and flush with chip board.
14) Use the piece of sponge to highlight the edges of the DSP Scallop and to cover up the edge of the chipboard with Rose Red ink.
15) Attach the DSP barrel to the scallop circle with Tombo Adhesive. Offset the barrel slightly to leave room for the embellishments. Place the seam to
face the larger area, as the embellishments will cover the seam.
Embellish: Wrap Organza Ribon around the barrel of the hat, secure it and tie a bow. Cut one
medium butterfly from the Bigz Die run it through the Big Shot with the
Polka Dot Textured Folder and highlight the edges with Rose Red ink. Cut out one
set of butterflies from the Embosslet Beautiful Wings Die set in DSP.
Attach two of the butterflies to the larger white butterfly and wrap the silver
Elastic Cord length wise around the butterfly to make a body and antenna. Make two
scallop circle flowers set aside. Make a hat pen with the pretties kit and a set
aside. Once all the embellishments have been assembled attach them to the Hat as desired.
This is such an amazing looking project. I hope you have enjoy your visit and thanks for stopping by. Comeback anytime just to see what's new at MyLittle Patch Of Dirt.
Click the following link to hop to the previous blog www.maddiebugdesigns.blogspot.com
Click the following link to go to the next blog http://www.brendasstampingcorner.blogspot.com/
If you want to start from the begining start here www.vcrocks.blogspot.com