Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Thank you for all your wonderful comments!

Hello my blogging friends, I hope this post finds you all well and happy!
Thank you so very much for all your wonderful comments about the Blog Hop projects! Your comments make me feel so good about creating, as it is a bit overwhelming sometimes.

I did the most interesting thing on Friday night... I was invited to attend a Sweet Lodge at Sherman Indian School. Several of my friends had attended them before but I had never done anything like that. It was an amazing experieance and very very hot :). I really am beginning to appreciate the American Indian Culture and their many customs. I had no idea how truly spiritual those customs are and am gaining a new respect for them.

Our heat wave is subsiding and my garden is not taking too many hits. Every year, I monitor where I place a new plant to see if it is a good spot for it. This year I planted Calla Lillie's and they are not holding up in this heat. I may have to transplant them on the west side of the house or put shade cloth over them to protect them from the sun. August and September are still on the way so in order to save them I must move fast. I was sure they would get enough shade, poor things?

I have started to create again and sent out 6 RAKS to friends but, forgot to get some pictures in my haste to get them in the mail. I did find a few more cards that I have not previously posted.  I hope you enjoy them. The first one is a 8 x8 scrapbook page for a VC_Rocks 70's swap. I am mainly a card maker but had to give it a try for this swap "Cool Man Can You Dig It" lololol.





PS. The 2010 Stampin' Up Convention in Salt Lake City, Utah starts in a few days and my BFF Carey is there early to participate in several LNS events. She went shopping for me at Momento Mall today ohhh boy goodies :) . But besides that we got to chat on the phone and that is a good thing. We only chat on the phone a few times a year as she lives in MO & I'm here in CA, but we chat everyday by email! Thanks Carey, you are awesome  & I miss you mucho. Have fun my friend.

No comments: