Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Color Throwdown 135 & Mary Jo's Lunchtime Sketch

Hello my blogging friends. I hope this post finds you all well and happy!

Wow! Have I missed you all. Jeff has been on vacation since last Thursday so we have been out and about for the last few days. It's nice having him home but my schedule goes out the window when he is around. (Smile)
I was going through withdrawals because of not stamping for a few days, so after we came back from dinner tonight with friends, I stamped this card!
I saw my new favorite color combination over at Color Throw Down  http://colorthrowdown.blogspot.com/2011/03/color-throwdown-135.html and knew I would make something fun with that bit of inspiration.
Then I saw Mary Jo's Lunchtime Sketch http://www.technostamper.blogspot.com   and combined them both! Well sort of ???? I took a huge liberty with Mary Jo's sketch but it really does have all the elements in it. I think this is what's called artistic interpretation. This is how I interpreted her sketch.

 Let me know what you think about the color combo and the Gate Fold Card. It's after Midnight I'm off to bed. I will add the supplies I used to this blog later today (I almost said tomorrow lolol). So come back later this afternoon if you want to know how I made all if the elements on this card.

I'M BACK :)

Supplies Used; (All Stampin Up)

Card Stock -  Real Read, Basic Black, Daffodil Delight, Very Vanilla.
Designer Series Paper  (DSP)- Love Letters & Presto Patterns Specialty.
Classic Ink - Basic Black, Daffodil Delight and a Real Red Marker to out line The Four Frames Stamp and
"just for you" sentiment.
Stamp Sets - Just Believe, Four Frames.
Embellishments - Vanilla Satin Ribbon 24", 3 large half pearls from the Pretties Kit, 1 Sponge Dauber to color the Presto (DSP) in Daffodil Delight, sticky tape, 1 3/8 Punch and your Heat Tool.

How I made the Flower- take the 24" of Very Vanilla Satin Ribbon and lay it out straight using your Heat Tool heat the ribbon until it starts to bunch and curl. (Caution do not hold Heat Tool in one space longer than it takes the ribbon to bunch and curl as it will burn and turn black!) Punch 1 circle with your Punch and cover it with sticky tape. This flower was started by curling the ribbon in a tight circles and setting the flower center in the center of the taped circle and working your way outward. Most people start from the outside in. I did it from the inside out I felt I could control the flowers shape a lot better. Cut off excess ribbon to your liking. It turned out really nicely. Thanks for your comments about it!
I used the sponge dauber to color the yellow panel and highlight the script writing. Then I cut around the flowers and swirls of the DSP to make the border on the right hand  and inside of the card.


Goodnight everyone sleep tight!
Don't forget to grab some time for your self and go and create something fun.

6 comments:

Sharon Field / Inky A*Muse-ment said...

So Beautiful, Patrice!! Love that flower!!
Hugs,
Sharon F.

Carey said...

Great job girl. I love the flower too and the colors. The pearls just really make it special. Thanks girl.

Your BFF and her furry friend.

Carla said...

Oh so beautiful!!! Rich and so elegant! Love that flower, wow!!! Hugs,

MJ said...

what a great card, so elegant. I sure know what you mean about throwing off your schedule--I can't even get through weekends much less vacations, lol! Thanks so much for playing along this week!

Margaret Raburn said...

Beautiful card! Sketch looks great turned on it's side like you did; love the flower and how you used the DSP!! Gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Wow--I LOVE your interpetation of the sketch! Also love your flower--wish I could come up with ideas like that!
Hugs, N