Thursday, March 29, 2012

Sketch Frenzy Friday 3/30/12

Hello to all my blogging friends, I hope this post finds you all well and happy!

Wow, March went fast! First off, I want to apologize to the SFF Design Team and my little band of followers for not posting last week. I completed my post and card on Wednesday  because I knew we would be gone for a week up north but I forgot to post it with all the preparations and travel arrangements that had to be remade. Geeze! Sorry for any inconvenience I may have caused you all! So much for best laid plans.Smile!

We are back now and all is said and done with regard to my Brother Vince's funeral. It was sad and yet very beautiful. I had no idea his passing would hit me so hard. But life must go on and I think I am ready to enter the world of the living again. I know he would like that. Thanks for all your prayers and kind thoughts. You are all very dear to me.

Our sketch this week is from Tammy Fite and its a good one to get my back into the swing of things.
This is what I came up with

I felt like using the Scallop Circle and the 1 1/4 Circle Punches for the focal images instead of the square like the sketch. (The rebel in me came out lolol ) The Stamped flower is from the SAB brochure it is called Fresh Vintage. I just added some doodle marks around the edge to add some pizzazz to the flowers. I also used a strip of Daffodil Delight 1 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon for the diagonal piece adding two thin strips of black card stock to make the appearance of three stripes of yellow. I have included a photo of the inside of the card as well. I really hope you like my card and get so inspired that you will want to try the sketch out and upload it to our blog http://sketchfrenzyfriday.blogspot.com/
Your next stop on our mini blog hop is to visit Robbie Rubula you know she is always a crowd pleaser
http://inkedx2.blogspot.com/

Thanks so much for stopping by,
Patrice

6 comments:

Deb said...

Beautiful card! Love the fun bright colors! And the scallop circles work perfect with the sketch!

Tammy said...

Beautiful, Patrice! And, you didn't let anyone down. Life happens!

Susan (rainy) said...

You had a lot on your mind and is completely understandable that you would forget to post. One never knows how something like this will affect them. Good to see that you are feeling well.

The card, btw, is adorable. Wonderful interpretation of the sketch.

Carey said...

Hi sweetie. Sorry I missed this on Friday. My computer was dead for a whole week till we got a new one (and had the old one fixed). DH couldn't live without it so he did both. I love what you did for this. My talented friend is so great.

Carey and Roscoe

Sharon Wheet said...

I'd have to admit, if I was ever feeling blue or under the weather, this cheery card, would certainly lift my spirits! LOVE IT!

inkedx2 said...

I love this card! Like the way you used the ribbons. This one is definitely "case" worthy!