Thursday, January 31, 2013

Sketch Frenzy Friday 2/1/13

Hello to all my blogging friends, I hope this post finds you all well and happy!

As this month comes to a close we got our first little taste of a West Virginia winter with freezing temperatures and lots of snow. February, is supposed to bring  winter to it's peek with more of everything. My new friends here tell me to just settle back, stay warm and watch out for "Black Ice"? All these new terms this ex-Californian has to learn. "Black Icy and Icy Rain" were really strange terms until we experience them. They are dangerous weather conditions that's for sure!

 February, has another meaning to many of us besides more winter weather it's "Valentines ".  I am really blessed to be one of those really lucky ladies who get Valentines and Christmas all year long. My Honey is always bringing me home some sort of a surprise.Gotta LOVE that guy! Jeff leaves on a 10 day work trip this weekend and will come home on the 13th. So, I thought I would pack him 10 cards in his suit case one for every day he is gone. I'll share them with you too. The first one will begin with this weeks SFF Sketch.

My dear friend and a very creative paper crafter Maria Vanderform created this weeks sketch! I chose to work with her clean and simple sketch with a monochromatic pallet and then I added just a touch of red. Maria this was a great sketch to work with btw!. The last few sketches the other design team members have  really been thinking out of the box and have inspired me to get creative. So here is Maria's sketch and my interpretation.




SU Products I used on the card are listed below.
Bitty Banners Framelits, Little leaves Sizzlets, Beautiful Butterflies Bigz and Beautiful Wings Embosslits.
Fancy Fan Folder and the Square Lattice Folder. Summer Afternoon (Hostess) and Itty Bitty Banners Stamp sets. Real Red classic ink and Whisper White card stock.

What do you think, creative enough? I even turned the sketch from a tent shape to a standard card format. I often draw a ruff copy of the sketch on paper and then play with ideas a bit prior to making my card. This time, I drew an arrow from her focal image to the side of my worksheet and wrote a bunch of words/ideas of what to use as my focal image like; Hearts, Flowers, Ovals, Boxes, a cut out Image and Butterflies. I went with the butterflies then opted to go monochromatic. I thought red on the sentiment would be fun for a little splash of color.
Maria you got me thinking out of the box, thanks for the inspiration!

Now for a look at the inside.


Hope you enjoyed this weeks sketch and find some time to play along with us. We would love to see what you come up with. Please upload your cards to out home page here http://www.sketchfrenzyfriday.blogspot.com/.

Have a great week and thanks for stopping in.
Chat soon,
Patrice

6 comments:

Deb said...

This is really gorgeous! Love the trail of butterflies! And the monochromatic color scheme is so elegant!

Sharon Wheet said...

Patrice, what a gorgeous monochromatic card! I love the layers of white butterflies and the white leaves and the smaller white butterflies. I apauled you for stepping out of the box, and inspiring our followers!
have a great weekend. hugs, sharon w.

inkedx2 said...

I love this Patrice! The white on white is striking and those butterflies are perfect.

Carey said...

Fantastic and I know he will love it. When he opens the cards he will think how much he loves you.

Carey and Roscoe

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Patrice! I love the white-on-white!

craftystamper said...

My dear friend you have outdone yourself. The monochromatic butterflies and the touch of red is perfect for this sketch. Thanks for inspiring our followers.