Thursday, June 20, 2013

Sketch Frenzy Friday 6/21/13

Hello to all my blogging friends, I hope this post finds you well and very happy!

It's that time again for another amazing SFF sketch! This week Tammy F. came up with our sketch and boy oh boy is it a good one!

Here is her sketch;

and this is what I came up with;

When I first saw this sketch I thought of the By the Tide stamp set. I knew it had several single images that I could work with. I made a pretty ocean background with several of the images and highlighted two. I thought by sewing the Linen Thread in between the Dotted Scallop Border I would attempt to create a netted look. I fussy cut the seashell and the fish. and mounted them on Primrose Petals 1 3/8" circles.
I'll tell you something about this card. I tried about five different colored circles until I came up with the Primrose color. Nothing worked to make the focal images pop the way I wanted them to. Sometimes a idea just doesn't come out the way you want it to! Finally, I added a bit of bling to the lip of the shells and to the eye of the fish.

Here is a look at the inside;
Well I hope you like what I did with the sketch this week and you find some time to give it a try as well. Please add a photo of your card to our home page here. http://www.sketchfrenzyfriday.blogspot.com/

Chat soon,  I hope you find some time to create something fun this week!
Patrice

2 comments:

"LZ" Linda Z. said...

Great job. I love it!! This has become one of my favorite sets.

Carey said...

Holy fish Batman. Those are amazing.

Carey and Roscoe.