Thursday, February 27, 2014

Sketch Frenzy Friday 2/28/14

Hello to all my blogging friends. I hope this post finds you all well and happy!

WOW, what a great sketch we have for you this week!  Robin Messenheimer     created it and I had a blast making my card. It always helps when your new Stampin' Up Supplies arrive (Big Smile)!

Here is this weeks sketch;


and this is what I created from it;



I followed the sketch almost exactly because I really liked the shapes and the pattern on it.

Card Stock

Whisper White, Basic Black and  Pistachio Pudding.
Designer Series Paper
Eastern Elegance and Modern Medley.
Stamp Set
Layered Labels and Feels Good.
Framelits
Apothecary Accents and Labels Collection.
Embellishments
8mm Rhinestones, Itty Bitty Shapes (Floral) punch and Retro Fresh "This and That" Designer Wasabi Tape
Ink
Basic Black

Instead of the bow and the ribbon strip that runs through the center of the card I improvised a bit. In place of the bow I punched a little black flower and cut two tiny strips of black CS to make the little award embellishment. For the Pistachio Pudding strip that is on top of the thin black strip of CS I used two layers of the "This and That Wasabi Tape. (Note to self one layer was not enough to make the color pop!) I added a bunch of small rhinestones to the sentiment where the end of the words swirl. The sentiment was stamped on a piece of Pistachio Pudding CS and cut out with one of the 6 die cut pieces from the Framelits Labels Collection.

Now for a look at the inside

To make the sentiment piece, I first stamped the sentiment on a piece of Pistachio Pudding CS with basic black ink. Then, I selected a coordinating die cut from the Framelits- Apothecary Accents 4 die pieces.
One of the great things about Stampin Up (SU) is that so many of our products coordinate. The Apothecary Accents Framelits Dies and the Layered Labels stamp set are just one example of our many coordinating pieces. I used our SU Big Shot to cut all of the die cut pieces used on this card. Finally, I created another matching strip of Wasabi Tape and black CS and added that to the bottom of the inside of the card for a finished look.

I really like how this card turned out. I hope you do too! Please give this weeks sketch a try we would love to see what you create from it.  Just add it to our blog here  http://www.sketchfrenzyfriday.blogspot.com/
If you have not tried our amazing Stampin' Up products in the past you should give us a try. I love the huge selection of products we have to select from.

That's all for this weeks sketch challenge. I hope you find time in your busy schedules to create something fun.

On a more personal note, Jeff had his MRI on Sunday and an appointment with a Pain Management Dr on Monday. He is scheduled for a special procedure on the 10th of March. They are going to do a Image Guided Injection on a joint in his back. It looks like he has some damage to a joint near the spine that is causing him all  this severe pain. So, at least we can move forward now and get his darn pain under control. It has been three weeks and he is getting stir crazy. Poor guy he needs to get back to work or he is going to go nuts.

I hope you all have a great week and we will chat again real soon I am sure.
Take care, Patrice






2 comments:

Diana Eichfeld said...

Fabulous card, I love the colors and patterns you used, and this saying is a favorite!

Carey said...

Wonderful. I love that punch don't you!! On a personal note let the man know I am thinking of him.

Love
Carey and Roscoe (the swap eating dog who is turning 7 on Monday 3/3)