Thursday, February 6, 2014

Sketch Frenzy Friday 2/7/14

Hello to all my blogging friends, I hope this post finds you all well and happy!


It is official, I am back and it feel great! It has been awhile hasn't it! I sure did miss my Sketch Frenzy Friday Design Team Ladies  and all the fun SFF sketches we have to work with. This year we added several new team members to the group and boy are they a very talented bunch of ladies. Check them out on our home page.

This weeks sketch was designed by Jennifer Kay!   It was a lot of fun and a bit of a challenge for me to work with btw.

Here is Jennifers sketch.



And this is what I came up with.

I used a Whisper White card base that I ran through the Big Shot with the Chevron Embossing Folder. Then cut two large banners from Rose Red and Tangerine Tango.  I paired those with a few strips of Marina Mist card stock for a little extra pop. I stamped a couple floral images from the Secret Garden stamp set in Versa Mark to make a bit of a background on the Tangerine Tango piece. The "Happy Birthday" sentiment was made with the Bitty Banners Die and the Iitty Bitty Banner stamp set. I used the 1 1/4 Scallop Circle punch to make my floral image and the double x 2 bow was made with Calypso Coral Bakers
Twine. I added a small piece of a Tea Lace Paper Doilies at the end of the banner to add some depth and added  a few pearls for some bling.

Here is a look at the inside

A matted  piece of Whisper White card stock was stamped in Basic Black Ink using one of the pieces from the From My Heart stamp set. I mounted the Whisper White piece on a piece of Marina Mist just to make it look a little extra special.

We would love to see what you come up with by using our sketch. Try making it a real challenge by using only our amazing Stampin Up products??? Pull out your stash of SU goodies and see what evolves. Upload your creations here: http://www.sketchfrenzyfriday.blogspot.com/
we would love to see them.

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you too find some time to create something fun soon.

I made more cards this week than I have in months. I finished two months worth of my card club cards, so I am all caught up there finally.  I'll show you those real soon.  It feels great to get my fingers inky again!!!!!

Chat soon,
Patrice

9 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I love all the details you added, Patrice! Fabulous card!

Ann Schach said...

So pretty, Patrice! I love the doily with the pearls.

Mona Pendleton said...

So very pretty! Love the beautiful blossom! Thanks for the inspiration!

Texas JennyWren said...

LOVE your card, especially the use of the doily. Jennifer Kay
txjennywren.blogspot.com

craftystamper said...

Love your card Patrice. It's so colorful and rich in details. Glad to see you commenting on my blog again. I've missed you.

Diana Eichfeld said...

Such great cheery colors, perfect to help get us out of the winter blues, fabulous card!

Creative Apple Scrampers said...

Lots of details to make a lovely card!

Kim Innis said...

Love your card, Patrice! It's a perfect blend of flower and a banner shape.

Carey said...

Great card. Missed you, welcome back.

Carey and Roscoe