Monday, December 15, 2014

Our 1891 Log Cabin at Christmas

Hello to all my blogging friends, I hope this post finds you all well and happy!

Yes we live in a 1891 Log Cabin (Partially any way) Meaning the living room and stairwell is still the original log cabin. The kitchen, dining room and the upstairs were converted(drywalled) we think around 1960 and the kitchen was again updated in 1990 there abouts.


I love how it looks at Christmas when all the decorating is done. The Christmas tree is covered with toys and Santa's. I collect ornaments that are toys- planes, trucks, bi and tricycles, blocks, marionettes, kites, pull toys, stick horses and jack in the boxes to name a few that are in the collections besides Santa's. Children who come to visit us love this tree and spend a lot of time finding all the toys.




Those were some of the living room pictures. I have to re-take a few others as I did not rotate them in time.  The logs are 113 years old, can you believe that! They are so hard I can not hammer a nail in them I have to use what ever is existing. I am going to restart painting the chinking (stuff in between the logs) after the New Year I love this old house. It is so warm and cozy.

Did you see it? Santa got me a new laptop for Christmas!!!! I'm so happy! I'm going to get some new MDS downloads and the upgrade too, I can't wait until Friday!

Tomorrow I will show you what I did with my old Tomato Cages
stay tuned OK!

I hope you are getting your Santa on I sure have been. Can you tell I also collect
Santa's?

Chat soon,
Patrice



No comments: