Thursday, December 11, 2014

Sketch Frenzy Friday 12/12/14

Hello to all my blogging friends, I hope this post finds you all well and happy!

Yes! It's Sketch Frenzy Friday time again. This weeks sketch was designed by my dear friend Elizabeth Kratzer. I has so much fun working with her sketch this week! Great job challenging my brain Elizabeth! You did good.

Here is her sketch,



This is what I came up with,


I used a piece of Kraft for the card base. It is so nice and sturdy, I love working with it! A piece of Cherry Cobbler was used for the background color. Three of the focal pieces were matted on Whisper White and the Sentiment piece was matted on Early Espresso. I stamped the sentiment twice once in Cherry Cobbler and a second time in Garden Green. I cut out the Garden Green word "Cheer" and mounted that over the Cherry Cobbler wording for a little extra pop and interest. All the DSP is from the Trim The Tree Paper Stack. I thought a pretty Cherry Cobbler Bow would fill the space nicely. I added a Merry Christmas banner and a Gold Button to the Bow as embellishments.

The three stamp sets I used were from Petite Pairs Wondrous Wreath, and Mingle All The Way. That's all there is for me this week's card.I hope you were inspired and give Elizabeth's sketch a try. I know we all would love to see it!

Here is a look at the inside,


I have been very busy getting ready for the Holidays. My neighbor Priscella and her very cute daughter Tameia (Her middle name is Jeanne' just like my daughters, too cute!) and I had a fun day baking, Noel and I had a couple days Beading. Hi Ladies, I had fun spending the day with you! The yard decorations are 99% done, the inside of the house is 100% done. I just need to dust yuck! I am almost finished baking, tomorrow I plan on finishing frosting the sugar cookies!  The gifts are next. I have lots to do in that department. I guess that is good because, I am still ahead of schedule so I get to enjoy the season and not be stressed out. The weather has been pretty good so far not too cold or wet that has been very nice.

I hope you find some time in your busy schedules to create something fun.
"Tis the season to create!"

Here is our link to our blog just in case you do find some time to create a card from our sketch http://www.sketchfrenzyfriday.blogspot.com/

Have a great week.
Chat soon,
Patrice

1 comment:

Terri said...

Really nice, love the layering you did makes them look like presents & the bow tops it off.