Thursday, June 23, 2011

Yippee it's Sketch Frenzy Friday

Hello to all my blogging friends. I hope this post finds you all well and happy!

Where has this week gone? Days are all blending together and time is slipping away! I think it must be that I am so busy still putting things away and settling to our new place.
Good news though, it wasn't as hot as it has been, thank goodness it made my days work much easier. My sister and I are having a Yard Sale today and Saturday so I have been cleaning and sorting and pricing household and stamping/  scrap booking items that are no longer needed. Pray we do good and we make lots of cash so I can get some new goodies from the New SU Catty! I have really priced things to sell. I am hoping the shoppers go for volume rather then for particular items. Now on to our Blog Hop!!!!!

It's the Sketch Frenzy Friday Blog Hop. Today's sketch was designed by Kimm Innis. Isn't this a cute sketch!
This is what I came up with.
I just received a new punch this week called Fancy Flowers so I had to try it out...LOVE IT! It punches so smooth. You have to try it and it matches many of our new Stamp and Hostess Sets.

Supplies used: Three of the new In colors- Island Indigo, Calypso Coral  and Lucky Limeade card stock. The DSP is Beyond the Garden and I snuck in some Melon Mombo CS. Punches- Fancy Flowers and Modern Lable Punch. Basic Black Classic Ink for the sentiment. Pearls, Antique Brads and the Polka Dot Textured Impression Folder to give the card some bling. Two new Stamp Sets My Friend  (I love it) and Posy Punch works well with the Fancy Flowers Punch.

What I did was scrunch up three flowers to make the center flower which gave it some texture and volume then and added a brad to the center. Stamped two punched flowers with the small circle stamp from Posy Punch and ran them through Mr. Big Shot. Everything got some bling with our cute little pearls.  Easy Pezy this one was! (Ok Yoda) lolol.

Now you are off to Robbie Rublia's beautiful blog  http://inkedx2.blogspot.com/ I just love her work!
If you would like to try your hand at making a card for this sketch please be sure to post it on our blog so we can see it. http://www.sketchfrenzyfriday.blogspot.com/

It is your turn to go and make something fun! Chat Soon.

5 comments:

Deb said...

Nice job! Love that punch! And I love the scrunched up flower!

Anonymous said...

Love the flowers!!! Great job!!

Sunflower Stamper said...

Very nice!

craftystamper said...

I just love your interpretations of the sketches. You have such a great imagination and such a skillful artist. Great job

Carla said...

Your card is beautiful and of course your flowers are just fabulous!!! Hugs,