Thursday, October 20, 2011

Sketch Frenzy Friday 10-21-11

Hello to all my blogging friends, I hope this post finds you all well and happy!

Yes! It's Sketch Frenzy Friday Time!!!
Sorry I haven't posted all week! I had a really bad ear ache and felt under the weather. But, I am on the mend and feeling my Mojo kicking in. Finally! I hate it went I feel so yucky that I don't even have the energy to create! Yikes, even my honey knows that it's bad when that happens.

Here is this weeks sketch, it was created by Tammy Baldwin. Isn't it fun, lots of different shapes and room to play around with.

I don't have any small stars in my stash so I chose the Hummingbird from the SU Elements of Style stamp set. I also finally tried the Baby Wipe  Technique. I have always wanted to gave it a try. I got the idea from one of our SFF Design Team Members Jennifer Weide here is her link http://www.sunflowerstamper.com
I used several SU re-inkers and a gold re-inker that I have had for a long time. I couldn't believe it was still good after all this time. It just needed a good shaking and it worked out just fine. Who knew right! Too bad you really can not see the beautiful glimmer the gold gives off. I cut the hummingbirds out and mounted them on Concord Crush card stock as the darker color when added to the birds really made them Pop. I added a few leaves from the SU Bird Punch and a few different sizes of Basic Pearls. The sentiment is also from that stamp set and was punched out with the Modern Label Punch just cut down and re sized.
Now hear is a look at the inside of the card.
 I hope you like it and it inspires you to try the Baby Wipe technique. It was really easy and lots of fun to play around with. I am sure you can find a video and or a tutorial over at Split Coast Stampers
Your next stop on our mini blog hop will be to visit Robbie Rubula. She always has something wonderful to share with us. http://inkedx2.blogspot.com/
If you would like to show us what you have created from this weeks sketch challenge please upload it on the Sketch Frenzy Friday webpage we would love to see it.  http://www.sketchfrenzyfriday.blogspot.com/

I hope you have a awesome weekend and get lots of time to create something fun!

6 comments:

inkedx2 said...

Great card. Love your birds and the coloring on them. You spend a lot of time cutting your elements out!

Deb said...

Beautiful! Love the technique you used! The added layer to the birds really does make them pop! Great job!

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Patrice! I love the hummingbirds and the pearls! I'm glad to read that you are on the mend!

Patrice Herrera said...

Hi Ann, thanks for stopping by it is always exciting to see a comment from you. I'm glad you liked the card.

Carla said...

Oh theres those gorgeous colors again. I'm gonna have to try the baby wipes. Love the inside! Hugs,

Carey said...

Oh I love the birds better than the stars. Your interpretation is fantastic. You give me such inspiration.

Hugs from your BFF