Friday, October 21, 2011

Stampin' Queens Sketch Challenge

Hello to all my blogging friends,  I hope this post finds you all well and happy!

I am so glad I am feeling better!!! I don't like it when I don't create something fun at least a few times a week. It feels like something is missing.  I have wanted to participate in the Stampin' Queens Sketch Challenge for a few weeks now but just haven't made the time to do it. So today I did  http://gettincrafty.typepad.com/stampin_queens_sketch_cha/
and here is their fun sketch for this week. There are a lot of elements to this sketch which made it a nice challenge.
and here is my interpretation of it
I had fun playing around with the Baby Wipe Technique that I saw on Jennifer Weide's blog the other day and made 2 sample background pages of that tech http://www.sunflowerstamper.com. The first sheet I used on the SFF Sketch Challenge  yesterday and this is a portion of the second sheet using more of a Fall color scheme. I wish you could see the  card in real life, as I spritzed all the leaf images with Shimmer Mist. The images are so pretty and it made the images turn out really soft and shinny. I even cut a thin slice of the background sheet to make my own crinkle ribbon piece along the left side of the card. I hope you like the card and give this Sketch and the Baby Wipe Tech a try.

Heris a look at the inside. This will give you a good idea of what the Baby Wipe Tech looks like up close. Just click on the photo to enlarge it.

Now it is your turn to create something fun!

8 comments:

Carla said...

Oh how gorgeous! I love those rich colors and the technique. Hugs,

Anonymous said...

Very nice!

Carey said...

You go girl. Great job and so inspirational in colors and how you did it. Look at my blog this weekend. I actually posted!!

http://pedstamperstampingtreehouse.blogspot.com/

Carey and your hairy nephew

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful card, Patrice! These colors are just gorgeous!

Lucia Kaiser said...

Patrice: How beautiful this card it. You are a true artist. ~Lucia Kaiser

Unknown said...

Just beautiful!! Love how you flipped the sketch too!! Thanks for playing along with us over at the Stampin' Queens Blog!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Patrice! Your card has been chosen as one of the spotlight cards this week over on Stampin' Queens Sketch Challenge!!! Thank you so much for playing along your card is beauitful! You can pick up your "I was featured" badge here: http://gettincrafty.typepad.com/stampin_queens_sketch_cha/2011/10/sqsc9-spotlights.html
Again, Thank you for playing along! I am excited to see what you create for the next one!

Inky Hugs,
Cristena

Penny Hanuszak said...

Patrice congrats on being spotlighted on SQSC#9. Your card is truly awesome. I love the baby wipe technique and that you used your pieces for your custom ribbon as well as on the inside of your card. TFS and I hope you're feeling much better now.