Friday, December 9, 2011

Stampin Queens Sketch Challenge #16

Hello to all my blogging friends, I hope this post finds you all well and happy!

The Stampin Queens did it again! They came up with another amazing challenge, so I just had to play along.
This is their sketch.http://gettincrafty.typepad.com/stampin_queens_sketch_cha/
I looked at this sketch and saw a Christmas Tree tag and a rustic looking card base. I don't know where these images come ? I wonder myself sometimes lololol!

Here is my card. Let me know what you think.
I saw a technique over at The Technique Junkies or at The Classroom awhile back about putting a white product onto a dark piece of card stock. I do not remember the product name and didn't have any, but played around with a SU Whisper White Pigment Ink refill with a sponge and a scrap of Early Espresso cs. The scrap kind of reminds me of a type of tree in my neighbors yard, I think it is called a White Burch. I free hand cut a Christmas tree on a piece of Cherry Cobbler card stock (That took me a few tries lolol) then I crumpled the tree up many times to break down the fibers so I could separate it so. I like to use the inside once it has separated as it looks like felt or faux suede. I stamped 3 poinsettias and one little bird from the expired SU Bliss stamp set. I used Daffodil Delight on Natural White card stock for the flowers and soft suede for the bird with a touch of Dusty Durango on the chest, I then cut those out. I colored 3 pearls with real red ink and set those aside to dry it takes a few minutes. I found an old piece of cardboard and pulled it apart so I could use the center of that for texture. Next, I distressed a scrap piece of DSP (Christmas last year). For the trunk of the tree I found a old piece of wood and sponged early espresso ink onto it. I used brown and white Bakers Twine as garland and found some raffia for the bow. The last thing I did was to make a sentiment. For this I used a retired stamp set Berry Christmas from last year. The base of the card is Hunter Green.
Here is a shot of the inside.

I had such a fun day playing around with this sketch. Thanks Ladies over at Sketch Queens for the great sketch Challenge. This card reminds me of a very old fashioned Christmas Card.

I hope you enjoy it and find some time to create today.

5 comments:

Sandi said...

Patrice, this is beautiful!! I love how you hand-cut the tree and used the inside layer after crunching and splitting the card stock. I love to do this also, especially when I am doing vintage or shabby chic. Your whole design is awesome!!

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Patrice! I love how you "decorated" the tree. What a wonderful distressed look!

Sharon Wheet said...

i really like the whole look of the card. how pretty and vintage-y. your card shows the time and care you took to create it! thank you for sharing with us @ SQSC

Carey said...

Fantastic job!! You are so imaginative and I love it.

Carey and your furry nephew

Cristena Bagne said...

Congrats! You have been featured at SQSC! Thanks for playing along with us! I always love your work! come and get your badge at http://gettincrafty.typepad.com/stampin_queens_sketch_cha/2011/12/scsq-16-spotlights.html
Inky Hugs,
cristena