Monday, June 4, 2012

Just a little something for a Monday

Hello to all my blogging friends. I hope this post finds you all well and happy.

Over at VC Rocks we were given a challenge last week to make a background piece using a new or old technique that you like. What I didn't read (my bad) was it was supposed to be along the lines of a masculine theme.  This weeks theme was to make a masculine card and incorporate the piece from last week. OOPS!
This is what I made.
OK, so not very masculine right?  Well lets see what I can do with this. I decided not to start all over and accept my responsibility and take the challenge anyhow. I really like the technique of embossing one piece to another piece of card stock. The Doily piece is a piece of Daffodil Delight DSP card stock (Trying and say that in a masculine voice) lololol. I glued IT (not going to go there again) to a piece of Calypso Coral card stock and ran it through Mr. Big Shot using the Lattice Textured Embossing Folder.
After much contemplation and (Dread just kidding) I mean further ado this is what I came up with.

I sure pulled that one out of the hat. I still think it needs some hardware of some kind. Ill be back!

Ok, I added some Hardware and a few extra Brads. Now I am happy and it is Muy Macho, well sort of.
I hope you have a great day and I'll see you again soon. Make sure you sneak in some time to create something fun.
Thanks for stopping by!
Patrice

2 comments:

CherylAnn Robinson said...

Very cool idea!

Carey said...

I think it works for masculine. Great save girl.

Carey and Roscoe