Saturday, June 16, 2012

VC Rocks 2nd Blog Hop - Any Size Card

Hello to all my blogging friends, I hope this post finds you all well and happy!

Yippee it is our second blog hop of the summer here at VC Rocks. This months theme is to create
Any Size Cards.  You came all the way from Hawaii to visit my blog.  www.robinscraftroom.com Wasn't Robins  creations gorgeous. She is so Uber talented, Aloha Robin !
If you get lost along the way and or would like to start from the beginning please click here http://vcrocks.blogspot.com/
After a long time spent in contemplation over what to come up with for this blog hop. I decided to create a gift card set. We always need one of these right! The set includes  6 - 3x3 cards with envelopes, one larger card , and a beautiful gift bag to put all  the little cards in. It is very easy to make and is well received.
Here it is
This is a simple brown paper lunch sack that I decorated with the new In Color Midnight Muse and new DSP Comfort Cafe. I also included Cajon Craze and Marina Mist. for the extra layers. The handle is made with  Soft Suede Polka Dot Ribbon . The closure is a  pretty Antique Brad. I thought the front and side panels needed some extra texture,so I ran the panels through the Big Shot and used the Vintage Wallpaper Textured Embossing Folder. I used the Top Note Die to create the lid . I love this die as it always makes a great  flowing cover.
Here is a side view
Here is a look at the six 3x3 cards
I really like using the Bitty Banners and the Itty Bitty Stamps. They come in really handy for small sentiments. The pretty lace border is another new product called Finishing Touches Edgelits.
I wasn't quite sure I would like the new yellow color Summer Star Fruit, but it matches perfectly with the other new In Colors and this DSP .

Here is a look at the larger card. I gave a sneak peek of it  yesterday on my blog for the Sketch Frenzy Friday  Mini Blog Hop.
Now for a look at the complete set.


I hope you enjoyed my projects today.  If you have additional questions please do not hesitate to leave me a message and I will get back to you ASAP. Enjoy the rest of our weekend and out Any Size Card Blog Hop.
Your next stop on the hop will be to visit the very talented Kimber Dunn www.chaosinheels.wordpress.com
What a cool name for a blog "Chaois in Heals". I am a visual kind of gal so this really cracks me up. Very cleaver Kimber! I love comments, so be sure to leave one.
Thanks for stopping by. I hope you too find some time to create something fun for yourself too.
Patrice

27 comments:

Susan (rainy) said...

The cards are beautiful, Patrice. And I love your creative and beautiful tote to hold them all. Wonderful gift card set.

Carey said...

I love, love, love all of them.

Hugs and licks from Carey and Roscoe (who is giving the licks and thank goodness not the ticks)

Elizabeth said...

What a darling gift set!

inkedx2 said...

What a super cute project! I love the little bag holder and the cards are so cute. Great job my friend!

mitz said...

...how adorable is this purse.. what a great idea.. fab... thanks
mitz_zee@yahoodotcom

MJ said...

Fabulous gift set! Love it. You made that bag look so nice! Great job.

Anonymous said...

a wonderful set...and I just love all the swap cards I got in the mail this morning too...thanks for hopping...Barb

Kimber said...

Love the gift bag set! I'm going to borrow this idea! Thanks so much for the compliment too - with my love of shoes and my life of chaos, no other name was suitable!

Anonymous said...

Yep, always love your projects Patrice, you never disappoint! This is a beautiful set (which I am sure you will hear a lot today!). Thank you for sharing your talents ;0)

Debbie said...

I love to give card sets as gifts. It is more personal and everyone knows I make each card with love. Thanks for sharing.

JustMeinIN said...

Cute cards. Love the box for them too!

Robin Messenheimer / Robin's Craft Room said...

Aloha to you, too, Patrice! I love your gift card collection - definitely CASEable!

JoAnn Ross said...

Those are just TOO, TOO adorable! I love them all and that's the third time in the past couple weeks I've seen that Midnight Muse. What a gorgeous color!

Terri said...

A very nice complete gift set.

Regina Andari - workinouttheinks.blogspot.com said...

What a great gift set! Your cards are lovely (as usual), and the tote is awesome!

creations by jackie said...

Wonderful as usual Patrice. I love the whole set Especially the purse to put them all in. Great job.

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful cards & a great idea!

Unknown said...

Too Cute! I love the bag/tote too!

Brenda said...

Patrice, these are goygus -- love 3x3 cards and yours are fantastic! The little bag is just the right touch and then to add a larger card. You Rock Girl!

Stace said...

Love it. I may case this for the class I am teaching students at the rec dept. this summer!

Stamper Shirley said...

Oh my dear Patrice ... I love your gift bag - so much for me making boxes, I am going to use bags for my 3x3 cards! And wouldn't you know it, I need a couple of these gift card sets in the next couple weeks, so ... Love your selection of colors ... you always inspire me to get back in my stamp cave! Hugs, Sassy Shirley

Nance Leedy said...

What a pretty gift set! I love the decorated brown bag--it looks just like Crumb Cake but much easier to use! Thanks for stopping by my blog today...cheers!

Janice said...

Great projects Patrice. They are all wonderful, and great ideas.

Gwyn Crawford said...

Love this set! I haven't done a set yet but you have made me want to try it.

Cynthia Ferenz said...

Great project!

Cindy Ferenz

Carolyn Sharkas said...

Patrice, this is such a beautiful gift. Love the DSP, the little cards and the gorgeous packaging. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Lovely cards, Thank you for sharing.