Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Gratitude!

Hello to all my blogging friends, I hope this post finds you all well and happy!

This week last year we were doing the closing paperwork on our house, and it has been two years since we moved to West Virginia. Leaving all our Family and Friends  behind was really scary but, we trusted God and moved a cross the United States. If you have never driven across the US I highly recommend it. This sure is a beautiful country!

It took us awhile to establish ourselves here and grow new friendships. Our son is coming for a visit from CA today and a new friend of mine is driving me to Baltimore Airport at 11:00pm this evening. Thank you Linda! Now that's a true friend right!! Wow, we are so Grateful that Jeff loves his new job, to have gotten this house and to have our many wonderful new friends and neighbors.  We can really say West Virginia is our new Home! My friendship with Linda is icing just on the cake!

The man in brown came yesterday but, I couldn't play with my new goodies because I was cleaning house. You know how that is when guests are coming to stay! This morning I had a few minutes to create a card that I am leaving in Linda's back seat as a little surprise when she finds it.

The stamp set is from For All Things and I also used the Bigs Autumn Accents Die to make the focal image.


I used several new goodies from the new Holiday catty such as Autumn Wooden Leaves and Color Me Autumn DSP.

The other elements included in making this card are:
Card Stock- Cajun Craze, Mossy Meadow, Old Olive, Early Espresso, Crushed Curry, Rich Razzleberry and Calypso Coral.
Ink- Cajun Craze and Pistachio Pear.
Misc- Linen Thread, 1/2" circle punch and the Woodgrain Textured Embossing Folder.

Here is a look at the inside.


I drew the two sets of little leaves near the sentiment with a Cajun Craze Marker. I thought that it needed something in that blank space. When I glued the little bow to the stamped leaves image at the lower left the ink bled so I punched a 1/2" circle to cover the spot. No one will be the wiser smile! This is the glue I used (Tombow Aqua Mono Liquid Glue). I won't use that glue again  over ink.

Hope you have a great day today and you find a little quiet time to create something fun.

Chat soon,
Patrice




No comments: