Thursday, February 24, 2011

PPA 82-CAS Elements of Style Scallops Challenge

Hello my blogging friends. I hope this post finds you all well and happy!

I saw this interesting challenge over at Paper Pals Art and thought I would give it a try. http://www.palspaperarts.com
Scallops, and Clean and Simple??? As you probably know from visiting my blog, I do not create too many Clean and Simple cards, but here goes everything lolol. This card is about as Clean and Simple as I could make it by adding in scallops and more scallops.
Supplies:
(DSP) Designer Series Paper- News Print
Card Stock- Basic Black
Accessories- 1 Medium Vanilla Rosetts, 3 Vanilla Hodgepodge Hardware Medium Brads, Tag Punch, Linen Thread, 1/16 Hand Held Punch, Scallop Corner Punch, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border, Dimensionals, Scallop Edge Border Punch and a Corner Rounder Punch.

The center black piece was punched out of a 3 1/2 x 3 1/2 square. Just center the Scallop Ribbon Border Punch equally on all 4 sides to make this pretty frame. Then I used the Corner Rounder Punch to soften the corners. I am not the creator of this idea, I saw it on line a few month ago. If you know who the creator is please let me know and I will give them credit. It sure is cute thought, but it took several tries to get a piece that worked the way I wanted it to.
(HOT TIP)
I do not use my good card stock to practice on projects or ideas I have never worked on before. I use inexpensive paper for practicing until I get the desired result lollollol.
The smaller cream DSP square was punched from a 2 1/8 x 2 1/8 square. Note:  I had to trim the center piece a bit as it came out too sharp.
Hope you all have a great day and now it is your turn to go create something fun.

2 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Very classy! The newsprint and image definitely give a vintage feel! Great use of scallops!

Oops a Daisy Designs said...

Very cute card. Thank you for playing along with Pals Paper Arts.