Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Bird House Card

Hello to all my blogging friends, I hope this post finds you all well and happy!

I was visiting Robbie Rubula's blog http://inkedx2.blogspot.com/ the other day (Saturday May 5th 2012 post) and found she had made this great Bird House card, only she used Butterflies on her card instead of the bird. Her card came out really cute too! She got the idea for the Bird House from Jackie Topias blog.

Here is what I came up with;
It looks really cute in person lot's of texture and fun hidden inside the card.
Since I do not have a template or the exact measurements I made my own version as usual.
I cut a 8 1/2 x 11 piece of card stock lengthwise  4 1/4 x 11 folded it in half at 5 1/2  then found the center of 5 1/2 which is 2 3/4  then I folded over one of the top corners over to the center and did the same to the other side. The Bold Folder helped make the lines crisper. If you happen to have the new Diagonal Scoring Tool from SU it would have been much easier and cleaner. That is what I had to do without that tool. Push in the scored sections to make the roof of the birdhouse like you see in the second photo. I use my 1 3/8 punch to make the hole in the front of the card. I slid the punch up as high as it would go from the bottom of the CS at the center and made the punch. Then I ran the bottom section of the front piece of the card (That section which is left after the roof is folded in ) through the Big Shot using the Stripes Embossing folder. I cut a piece of Early Espresso CS into a triangle to match the top of the house for the roof and ran the triangle through the Big Shot using the Square Lattice Embossing Folder. I tried three different embossing folders but I liked the Square Lattice the best. Then I made the bird with the Bird Builder Punch with some retired DSP. Punched out some flowers and leaves and there you have it. Give it a try it wasn't that hard to do just labor intensive because of all the little parts and pieces. Shhhhhh I made 10 of these for a swap (Not VC).

I hope you find some time to create. Have a great Wednesday.
Chat soon,
Patrice

1 comment:

Carey said...

Fantastic, my creative friend.

Carey and Roscoe