Thursday, May 24, 2012

Sketch Frenzy Friday 05-25-12

Hello to all my blogging friends. I hope this post finds you all well and happy!

This has been one heck of a busy week! Where did the time fly? I am still working on the garden and it is coming along beautifully. My Iris's are all gone now and the Lillie's (Day and Nile) are starting to bloom. I have a beautiful Jasmine just outside my studio window and the fragrance is just intoxicating. It has never bloomed this much before. I'll share some of the photos of My Little Patch of Dirt with you after the Blog Hop .
First things first right. Oh almost ... the Operation Write Home Blog Hop is this weekend I'll tell you more about that later too. Now on with the Hop.

This week's sketch was designed by Robbie Rubula and as usual it is a good one! Here it is. I have never seen a sketch like this one before. It took me a minute to work it out. Let me know what you think.

This is the card I came up with.
I used Cherry Cobbler CS and Attic Boutique DSP. The CC card stock scrap  I used was from a faux suede  technique. The CS looks in person very soft and well suedeish (smile). I Die cut the focal element out with two of the smallest Framelits  from the Labels Collection. I really didn't like the bright white look of the DSP so I lightly ran a Chocolate Chip ink pad across the  front a few times it helped distress it and tone it down a bit. Then I hand cut and formed the banner and stamped "So Grateful"  to go across the front using  the Apothecary Art stamp set. I used a little extra scrap of the Cherry Cobbler faux suede  in the top right corner and wrapped Early Espresso Baker's Twine four times around the corner.

Here is a look at the inside.
 I tore the edges of the negative image of the Label and stamped directly on the card stock the "Just for you" sentiment. It looks like it is one whole piece. "Thanks" was stamped from the Afterthoughts Hostess set. All images and products used in making this card are SU. I hope you like it an get inspired to try new technique. I also hope that you find some time create something fun this weekend.
Your next stop on our Blog Hop is this weeks creator of our super fun sketch Robbie Rubula, you have to see what she did with her sketch,http://inkedx2.blogspot.com/
If you would like to make a card from this sketch and down load it to our blog we would love to see what you come up with. http://sketchfrenzyfriday.blogspot.com/
Have a fun and safe Holiday weekend.

Now a little more information about Operation Write Home's Memorial Day Weekend Blog Hop. Operation Write Home sends hand crafted cards to our Soldiers who serve in the States and Abroad, so they can have access to greeting cards to send to their friends and families. The Hop is this Saturday and Sunday. I believe there are well over 100 blogs in the lineup. There are several Corporate Sponsors who just might be giving away some Blog Candy too (Ooooh Aahhh) I have created 2 cards for the Hop. Please come back this weekend and join us.

Here are a few recent photos of My Little Patch of Dirt for ya Tomatoes and Carrots

That amazing Jasmine vine.

Look at these grapes they are just going wild and there are so many little grape bunches all over the place. The grape  vines are just now starting to mature they are three years old . Last year I only got three little bunches. There are well over a dozen on just this one plant. Yippee.



There are plenty more photos but this post is just way tooooo long as it is lolol.
 Please come back tomorrow!

5 comments:

Tammy said...

Very pretty! Love the faux suede technique!!

Deb said...

Very pretty! I love how you made the corner accent! Great job!

craftystamper said...

Another fantastic card. Love the pictures of your garden as well as I too am a gardener.

Carey said...

Wonderful work in your garden and your stamp room.

Carey and Roscoe

inkedx2 said...

Love what you did with my sketch! Never thought of using the twine like this.