Thursday, May 10, 2012

VC Rocks Weekly Challenge #1

Hello to all my blogging friends, I hope this post finds you all well and happy!

There is still time to join our group (VC Rocks) for the summer. There is no charge to join. We celebrate all things SU the New Catalog and Convention activities. We have loads of fun, it is a high volume e-mail group because we laugh and giggle and chat a lot. I have met some really amazing ladies on this group over the last 4 years. We have New SU Demos, Veteran Demos even Customers join us and our downline too. We have a ton of very well known talented and creative stampers in this group. You will learn interesting, new techniques and tons of other fun things too. We have Weekly Challenges like the one below, Make-N-Takes, A Classroom, Chat rooms, a virtual Pool with your own Pool Boy, Swaps (I am hosting the Very Feminine Swap this year). We have a yearly Charity that you can donate $5.00 toward if you like. This year it is the American Heart Association (Thanks BFF).We also have monthly Blog Hops our first one is coming up May 19th and 20th. The highlight of the summer is the Virtual Hotel where you are assigned a roomie and you send each other via snail mail a "Goodie Box" filled with created projects, cards, candy -yum and fun stuff. If you are interested in joining this group of super fun ladies check out the subscribe link at the top right hand corner of my blog we would love to have you join us for the summer.


This week over at VC Rocks we were given our first weeks challenge

Show off those SU blooms by creating a project (3D, Card or Scrapbook Page) featuring any SU blossom. ADD Pink somewhere on your project. For the overachievers among us you must use a Paper Tole Technique, (basically stamp 2,3,4 of the same image, cutting  them closely to the edge and stacking them on top of each other to create a 3D effect). Paper Tole is a BEAUTIFUL tech for flowers.

This is the card I am going to submit.
I used 4 layers only by chance, as I found another flower I had previously stamped. and I cut out the center stamen piece. Here is a close up of the flower (as best I could lolol) Can you see the layers.

I sure hope SU comes up with another beautiful floral DSP. I really did like that  paper.
Here is a look at the inside.
Can you see the little piece of Doily left over from the front piece. I think it added a very special look to the card. I gently added liquid glue to the back side with a tooth pick to adhear it to the card.

All right that is all there is to it for today. Please come back tomorrow to see what the Sketch Frenzy Friday Design Team comes up with for this weeks challenge. Our very own Maria Vanderform created the sketch (Hi Maria).

I hope you find some time to create something fun today.
Chat soon, Patrice

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this! I have the hardest time with this paper,but you rocked it!

craftystamper said...

What a great card Patrice, but then I expect nothing less from you. You are so talented. Looking forward to your creation tomorrow.

Carey said...

Great card. I approve highly of it. I want to join that VC- Rocker thing. hee hee. One correction though, our charity this year is the American Heart Association.

Carey and Roscoe