Thursday, March 28, 2013

SFF 3-29-13

Hello to all my blogging friends, I hope this post finds you all well and happy!


This week it was my turn to create the sketch for Sketch Frenzy Friday. This is what I came up with.


Now here is a look at my card.



Weeks ago when I created the sketch I had a totally different idea as to what I would create with it. But, when it came to actually sit down and make the card I just didn't like what was going on on my desk lolol (A MESS!) I accidentally flipped over a piece of DSP and fell in love with the pattern. So just by chance the DSP gave me the inspiration for this card. It is very unusual for me to only use two colors on a card and I really like how it turned out.
I think the all the elements gave the card depth, texture and a touch of elegance. What do you think?

Here is a list of Stampin' Up supplies I used to make this card.

Card Stock- Island Indigo and Whisper White
DSP- Sycamore Street- SAB
Stamp Set- Wacky Wishes
Die's and Punches- Apothecary Accents,Extra Large Oval, Large Oval, Lables Collection, Ovals Collection and the Lacy Brocade Embossing Folder.
Embellishment- Basic Pearls

I hope you have a great week and you to find some time to create something fun. If you create a card using this sketch we would love to see it. Please download it on to our home page here
http://www.sketchfrenzyfriday.blogspot.com/

Chat soon,
Patrice

2 comments:

Carey said...

WOWSER!! This is by far one of the best cards I have seen in a while. Thanks for the fun.

Carey and Roscoe

Deb said...

What a sweet Easter card! Love the use of just the two colors! And you have so many great details! Great sketch this week, too!