Thursday, March 21, 2013

Sketch Frenzy Friday 3/22/13

Hello to all my blogging friends, I hope this post finds you all well and happy!

This weeks wonderful sketch was designed by my friend Maria Vanderform and boy oh boy is it a great one.


This sketch has so much potential. I just love it! Lets see now what to do???

Finally done,


Well what do you think? I added lot's of layers, a few strips of  pretty DSP (Print Poetry) from the Mini Catalog, a couple dimensional flowers, a nice piece of shiny blue SAB ribbon, and then a nice embossed edge for some background texture.  After I took this photo I noticed it did't have the Dazzling Diamonds on the little yellow flowers that I added afterward. It was a nice extra touch to give the flowers a little bit of bling.

I did a bit of masking on the inside.
I have to giggle a bit, because it took me forever to learn how to "Mask". I must have asked Carey how she did that a million times before I got the hang of it! Now, at least most of the time when I make a mask I keep it in the stamp's container to use another time.

Supplies used to make this card.
Card Stock- Gable Green, Island Indigo, Naturals Ivory.
DSP - Print Poetry.
Stamp Sets- Blooming Marvelous, Secret Garden Blessings from Heaven.
Ink- Gumball Green, Summer Starfruit, Midnight Muse.
Embellishments-  Sycamore Street Island Indigo Ribbon, Dazzling Diamonds, Little Leaves Sizzlits, Framed Tulips Embossing Folder and the Corner Rounder Punch.

That's it for this week. I hope you got inspiration by Maria's sketch, I sure did! We would love to see what you come up with this week! So please go to our home page and download your creation so we can see what you come up with.  Hear is our link http://www.sketchfrenzyfriday.blogspot.com/

PS. We had 13 submissions last week! Holy smokes that's fantastic! Thank you everyone who submitted a card. They were all beautiful and very creative! Again, thanks so much for playing along, it really does mean the world to us!

Have a great week my friends and Create something fun!

Chat soon,
Patrice

5 comments:

Deb said...

This is just delightful! I love the layered flower! And these colors are so spring-like and fun!! Love it!

Kim Innis said...

Love the colors and the layered flower and the DSP, and, well, all of it!!

inkedx2 said...

Very nice Patrice! I love the paper combination.

Carey said...

I love it. I can't believe I forgot to look at the blog on Friday. Sorry!!

Carey and Roscoe

Sharon Wheet said...

Patrice, I just love the pattern papers you selected to work with! They really add depth to your card. And that layered stamped blossom really pulls the whole card together. a great job with this sketch.