Hello my blogging friends. I hope this post finds you all well and happy.
My Mom is doing great and is amazingly up and around considering that she is 86 years old and just had surgery on Friday to have a shoulder replacement put in. I am in awe and amazed over modern science and to her attitude toward going through this procedure. Go Mom!
Well I do not have much time today to create something new I am fairly busy with getting things taken care of, so I thought I would pull up an old favorite and give you a free tutorial for the Bonnet Only. I may come up with a tutorial for the cards later this week.
I hope you enjoy it
Supplies: Big Shot,Polka Dot Impression Folder, Scallop Circle Punch,
Tombo Adhesive, On Board Book Scallop Circle, Sanding Block, Personal Cutter and Scissors.
Card Stock: Designer Series Paper Stack (Occasions Mini), White Card Stock, Old Olive (CS).
Ink: Rose Red Classic Ink.
Embellishments: Embosslets Beautiful Wings, Organza Ribbon 5/8”, Pretties Kit, Bigz Die SU
Beautiful Butterflies, Silver Elastic Cord.
1) Cut 2- 3” White circles.
2) Cut 2- 3 ¾” circles 1-in DSP, 1-in white.
3) Center one of the 3” circles in the center of the DSP circle and the other in center
of the white 3”circle.
4) Trace the 3” circles on both circles and draw lines to the 3” circle line.
5) Then cut little incisions to the circle line.
6) Fold the little incisions up to form a cup.
7) Glue the 3” circles to the inside of the cups. (This makes the hat top/bottom more secure)
8) Cut two 2 ½” x 11” strips, one in DSP and the other strip in White card stock.
9) Attach the white strip to the white folded circle cup using Tombo Adhesive set aside to dry.
10) Once dry attach the DSP 3 3/4” cup to the top of white strip to form a barrel.
11) Attach DSP to the barrel with Tombo adhesive & secure with a rubber band or hair tie.
Once the barrel is completed set it aside to dry.
12) Trace the Chip Board Scallop Circle on DSP. Cut the scallop circle out and attach it
13) Once the scallop circle is dry sand the edges until smooth and flush with chip board.
14) Use the piece of sponge to highlight the edges of the DSP Scallop and to cover up the edge of the chipboard with Rose Red ink.
15) Attach the DSP barrel to the scallop circle with Tombo Adhesive. Offset the barrel slightly to leave room for the embellishments. Place the seam to
face the larger area, as the embellishments will cover the seam.
Embellish: Wrap Organza Ribbon around the barrel of the hat, secure it and tie a fluffy bow. Cut one
medium butterfly from the Bigz Die run it through the Big Shot with the
Polka Dot Textured Folder and highlight the edges with Rose Red ink. Cut out one
set of butterflies from the Embosslet Beautiful Wings Die set in DSP.
Attach two of the butterflies to the larger white butterfly and wrap the silver
Elastic Cord length wise around the butterfly to make a body and antenna. Make two
scallop circle flowers set aside. Make a hat pen with the pretties kit and a set
aside. Once all the embellishments have been assembled attach them to the Hat as desired.
This is such an amazing looking project. I hope you have enjoy your visit and thanks for stopping by. Comeback anytime just to see what's new at My Little Patch Of Dirt.
Now it is your turn go create something fun.