Thursday, July 11, 2013

Sketch Frenzy Friday 7/12/13

Hello to all my blogging friends. I hope this post finds you all well and happy!

Is it really Sketch Frenzy Friday already??? Where has this week gone to? There is a lot going on at our little patch of dirt lately so no wonder I am out of it. I will have a surprise for you in the next couple of weeks. But, until then we are going to check out this weeks fun SFF sketch.

 Kimm Innis designed this weeks sketch. I love the simplicity of the sketch. It was really easy to work with and can be altered to make so many different card fronts from it. Great job Kimm!



This is what I came up with.

I turned the card on it's side and did an oval instead of a rectangle. I chose bright bold colors to work with; Tempting Turquoise for the card base which I ran through the Big Shot using the fun Honeycomb Embossing Folder. I die cut two ovals from the Framelits Ovals Collection. The outside in Basic Black and the center piece in Melon Mambo. My Daffodil Delight border strip was punched out using the Scallop Trim Border Punch I really do love this punch. I used Daffodil Delight Satin Ribbon to make a fancy three loop bow.
The sentiment was stamped in Basic Black from the Oh Hello stamp set.

Here is a look at the inside.

Fairly clean and simple.

I hope you all have a great week and find some time to create something fun too! This is a great sketch and again the best part is that it is easy to work with.
Please add your card to our homepage here http://www.sketchfrenzyfriday.blogspot.com/

Chat soon,
Patrice

2 comments:

TrishG said...

Cute use of this sketch. I love the ribbon!

Carey said...

I can't believe I forgot to visit on Friday. Happy day to miss isn't it? I love your work as always. That blue just pops everything.

Carey and Roscoe