Thursday, July 4, 2013

Sketch Frenzy Friday 7/5/13

Hello to all my blogging friends. I hope this post finds you all well and happy!

We have another terrific sketch for you this week. I know you are going to just  love it! Jennifer W. conjured it up for us and I am really glad she did. I had such a good time making my card today.

Here is Jennifer's sketch



This is what I came up with


I used Whisper White for the cardstock base and an additional piece for a decorative layer. The additional piece I ran through the Big Shot using the Lace Brocade Embossing Folder. I hand colored the focal image with SU Markers in Crushed Curry, a splash of Real Red in the center and Garden Green for the foliage. The focal image was mounted on a scrap piece of Real Red. The decorative strip on the bottom of the Real Red piece was punched with the Scallop Trim Border in Crushed Curry. I added a tag stamped with Friends from the Tiny Tags set (oops now retired I thought I marked all my stamp set retired?) I Added two small pearls for fun and there you have it.

Here is a look at the inside.



Note the Real Red Matt on one of the pieces of the Apothecary Accent Images. How did you do that you ask! First off, I stamped the sentiment on a scrap piece of WW cardstock and heat set the Basic Black Ink so it wouldn't smear. Note that you have to position the sentiment slightly offset to the left to get the final image centered. Then ran the sentiment piece through the Big Shot with the Die. Next, I ran it through again so that I could even out the right side (the left side will be shorter) Finally, I trimmed both top and the bottom of this piece down with my cutter so that it would allow the matt the show up. Then I made an original (not altered) Real Red die cut piece. I hope that makes sense!
I colored a floral image just like the front image on the front and mounted the die over the floral image.

I really like how this card turned out. It is a great sketch and I will use it often. Thanks Jennifer! We would love to see what you come up with so please show us.
http://www.sketchfrenzyfriday.blogspot.com/

Have a great week and I hope you find some time to create something fun!
Chat soon,
Patrice

2 comments:

JoAnn said...

Very pretty. Love the embossing.

Carey said...

Great job. I love it all and thanks for the mini lesson.

Carey and Roscoe