Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Flower Patch- Gardening 101

Hello to all my blogging friends I hope this post finds you all well and happy!

Well, I finally got it done! I volunteered to make a few Door Prizes for the Master Gardener- Gardening 101 Seminar  on March 21st 2015. I am submitting the Door Prize tomorrow to see if they #1) want it at all #2)  want me to make any more of these. Contents are 1 Clay Pot Decorated, 2 floral Cards with Seeds Packs and  1 set of Garden Tools (not shown).


I have to get to Lowes super early to purchase a hand trowel and a small hand weeding tool to put inside the ceramic pot. I made two special cards that have a pack of seeds in a pocket that I made especially for the inside of the card.


I love the Flower Patch stamp set and Thinlets Dies that coordinate with the stamps, they make cutting out the flowers so easy and they come out very clean. I used the Really Good Greetings stamp set for the sentiment. The DSP is from the Midnight Paper Pack. I tried to use all of the current SU  In Colors on these two cards.

Now here is a look at the inside.






Here is a shot of the inside pocket I mentioned. I found a few little cloths pins that work perfectly to hod the seeds in place so they do not fall out!


This is a look at the second card,


This is such a fun and cheery card. I used a retired stamp set called Fabulous Florets on the sentiment of this card. I thought it went perfectly with the garden theme. I'm glad I had to create this project because to tell you the truth I am soooo done with Winter. The only hope I have for making it another six weeks is that I see lots of trees starting to bud. Yay!. These cards should cheer us all up as Spring is right around the corner. I can't wait to get my hands in the dirt and start my garden growing!

Take a look at the inside of the second card. It also has the pocket inside.


I am going to wrap the Door Prize in clear cellophane and add a full orange bow. That should make a good impression and a fun gift. If you are anywhere near Hedgesville, West Virginia on the 21st of March, and like to garden let me know I'll get you the info for this fun seminar.

That's all there is from me today. I hope you get to find some time in your busy schedules to create something fun too.

Chat soon,
Patrice

No comments: