Thursday, October 2, 2014

Noel- Wondrous Wreath

Hello to all my blogging friends, I hope this post finds you all well and happy!

I made a Thanks Giving card and a Christmas card the other day. Yesterday I showed you the Thanks Giving card so today I'll show you the Christmas card.

As many of you may know by now Red, Black and White are one of my favorite color combination to create with. So, I thought I would use these colors on a non-traditional Christmas card and see what happens.


I just love the word dies in Wondrous Wreath set. Yes, they are tricky to use but oh so worth the trouble! I go at it slow and sure, even when I run them through the Big Shot. I go over them twice and I add an extra piece of card stock the size and shape of a regular size card as an added shim. The second time I run them through I turn then in a different direction (if I can) that usually does the trick. To get the word out with out tearing them apart, I use the small end of a stylus and for the super small holes I use a thin piece of green floral wire or my needle with the pointed head taken off. I found the pointy end punches holes in the words.

When I first placed the Really Red NOEL on the DSP it was kind of hard to see so, I cut another one in Whisper White cs to make the word stand out more. I think it worked out better this way.

The Wreath is so pretty it glistens beautifully. I used White Glimmer Paper (since retired). The dies work just fine with this thicker paper. I have not tried to cut a word die yet!

To adhere the word to my paper, I tried to run the word through a little orange Xyron machine I have but the words got stuck, twisted and tore.  This time I just put a little line of glue on each letter and that seems to work out better especially if I have to move the word around a bit.

Here is a look at the inside;

That's it for today! I hope you like this non-traditional Christmas card I've created for you. Try and find some time to create something fun for yourself as it is so good for the soul!

Chat soon,
Patrice

No comments: