Sunday, October 12, 2014

PPA223 A Spooky Color Combination

Hello to all my blogging friends, I hope this post finds you all well and happy!

I was visiting Ann Sachs blog (I just love her work) and noticed that Pals Paper Arts was having a really fun color sketch this week. Their theme is A Spooky Color Combination. http://www.palspaperarts.com/ It seems I'm on a roll with the Halloween theme with the cards I have been creating lately so, I thought


I would give it a try. This is what I came up with.

How about this cute little Owl Bat for some Halloween fun! I love that he is hanging upside down lol. I made the scary tree with Basic Black cs and the Woodgrain Embossing Folder and then free hand cut it out. The misty moon was punched with the 1 3/8th " Circle. The Owl Bat was made with the Owl Builder Punch. I also used the Owl Punch for his vest that was cut from a scrap of Confetti Celebration DSP. My Background paper is called Specialty Designer Series Paper First Edition (R-2013-2014) I liked this DSP because it has the print on Very Vanilla. I added a few hand drawn bats on the moon for fun too. Looks like this little guy is wide awake now and is about to join them. You can't have a night time look with out some black sponging here and there right! I used the 1/8th" Circle Punch to help make the bat wings. Cut two little wedge scraps of Basic Black cs and half punch the end of one side to make the wings. I also added a Very Vanilla 1/8th" Circle layer to the eyes to make them look like they were glowing in the dark.

Here is a look at the inside.


I couldn't help myself I had to put the sentiment upside down so the reciepient will have to turn the card to read it and then he/she will also notice the second little owl is also upside down like his friend on the front hehehe. I just had to show you My Trick and Treat fun.


Hope you enjoy all the Halloween fun we are having this month! Please join in and play along with the Pals Paper Arts.

Chat soon,
Patrice


3 comments:

Carey said...

Where the heck have I been you ask. Not among the living that is for sure. I think I have been in zombie land. Anyway, I'm loving your work. Give your boys a hug from me and have them give you one from me.

Carey and Roscoe

Mike said...

Your card made me smile! I love the owl!!! Thanks for playing with Pals Paper Arts!

Peggy Noe said...

This is just the cutest card! I love what you've done with the upside down owl and sentiment! So delightful! So happy you joined us this week at Pals Paper Arts!