Sunday, March 13, 2011

Bloggers Challenge at Technique Junkies

Hello my blogging friends. I hope this post finds everyone well and happy.

What a beautiful weekend this has turned out to be. Sunny and warm and delightful, because I am able to stamp all weekend. What a treat!!

I ran across the Bloggers Challenge over at Technique Junkies this morning. http://patstamps.blogspot.com/2011/03/masculine-birthday.html
The challenge is to make a Masculine Card. Thank goodness for my Honey he always gives me such great advise on masculine cards. What do you think about this one. He wanted hardware on the card and suggested to add the bright yellow panels. I think he is becoming a amazing stamper and that warms my heart. He said he has been yelling and screaming the entire way lolololo. He's such a Dude!
I used my  SU markers to color directly on to the stamp. I used Bravo Burgandy, Old Olive, Always Artichoke and Early Espresso markers. I stamped it once on So Saffron card stock then I spritzed the stamp with a fine mist of water to rehydrate the ink and used my stampamajig to stamp directly over the original stamped image. It kind of gives it a mossy look. Then I used the fine point of the Bravo Burgundy marker to add definition to the tree trunk and branch lines. 
Pull out your Mat Pack to punch little holes in the lower right hand corner and  add Bravo Burgundy ink to the holes because I  didn't achieve the depth I was trying to highlight. I thought the Night of Navy paper would show up clearly from behind but it did not so I improvised.
The piece of hardware is from the Hodgepodge Hardware Kit. I cut a 11" strip of Chocolate Chip ribbon to make the belt look. I sliced two slits in the night of Navy card stock and fed the ribbon through the paper (Be Careful it can rip very easily), then I cut 3 brad stems off and rolled up mini glue dots to secure the brad tops onto the ribbon. I do not like the pulled effect that sometimes happens when I punch a hole in the ribbon so I cut that step out hahaha.
Card stock I used to make all the panels are from out side to the center Daffodil Delight, Cherry Cobbler, Hunter Green and So Saffron. The base card stock color is Night of Navy.
Punch out 5 Jewelery Tags and stamp them with the small leaf stamp from the Lovely as a Tree stamp set in various scraps colors you have handy. The focal stamp is also from the Lovely as a Tree stamp set BTW.
I ran out of the Linen Thread a while ago so what I do is cut a little strip of Hemp Twine and roll it between my fingers to separate the woven pieces and then separate a few thin strands so I can sew the tags together. I like to tie knots between 2 tags at a time to keep the tags from bunching up.
I distressed the Night of Navy card stock edges and stamped the Oak Leaf in a random pattern with VersaMark to make a light background.
To finish the card off I decorated the inside.

I think that just about does it on this one. I hope you like it and have some time today to go create something fun for yourself.

7 comments:

Marilyn SanClemente said...

Very nice. A great comgination of masculine and birthday!

Lisa Bohler said...

Very lovely card! I especially like the tags tied at the top!

Carey said...

Great work my BFF. I love how Jeff designed it. Tell him to keep up the good work. Now to get the furry boys involved.

Carey and Roscoe (who says hi to his cousins)

Carla said...

I love your tree!!! Fabulous stamping with those colors!! Such a great masculine card. Hugs,

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful masculine BD card, love the colors! Thanks for playing along with the Bloggers Challenge!

Basement Stamper said...

great masculine card, love the buckle on it. Thanks for joining us at Blogger's Challenge.

Tami Black said...

This is so awesome! Love how you created this belt -- totally looks manly -- perfect!