Monday, March 28, 2011

Mojo Monday

Hello my blogging friends. I hope this post finds you all well and happy!

It's Monday and a entirely new week to create Yippee! I really stepped out of my comfort zone on a challenge over at  Mojo Monday http://mojomonday.blogspot.com The challenge was to do a card of a non-traditional card shape
You know me always trying to challenge myself to do something different. So I chose the round example and this is what I came up with. I even went so far as to use a color combination I would not have normally used Pink and Gray and if that wasn't challenging enough I made a more feminine card than what I am usually accustomed to making! This card was indeed a challenge.
This is what I came up with. Funny it took me a good portion of the day to make this little round 4 1/2 inch card!
Here is the inside
 Here are the instructions and supplies I used to make this card.
I cut a double layered round 4 inch circle but left a inch and a half uncut to the left side of the circle in order to make the card fold.
Then I cut another 4 inch circle in Basic Gray to use this as the  base of the card cutting so that the fold line would match the card front.
I used my heat gun to heat the satin ribbon so that it would have a nice bend and texture to it about 12 inches. (Caution do not over heat ribbon it will burn and turn black).I used sticky tape to adhere ribbon to the gray card stock and to the white card stock base.
I made some background paper by using Pretty in Pink classic ink brayered on to a Perfect Detail Textured Plate Swirl Pattern for the large scallop flower, the little flower and the ribbon border. I got the idea from Ann Schach http://www.stampinchic.com to make my own background paper. (Thanks Ann! )
I used Whisper White card stock as the base of the background paper and ran the inked Textured Plate through the Big Shot. I then Punched one Scallop Circle, one little Boho Blossom Punched Flower set and a 4 inch strip of Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border out of the background paper to use for embellishments. I cut slices in the scallop circle for texture then assembled the 2 smaller flower pieces by using a Clear Rhinestone  Brad and attached this embellishment to the lower left corner of the circle on top of the ribbon piece and the sentiment piece.
 I chose the Strength & Hope Stamp  Set to highlight the card as Stampin Up is donating $2.00 of every Stamp Set we sell to aid the  Breast Cancer Research Foundation. I used VersaMark on the swirl stamp and Basic Gray for the H for Hope.
4 rhinestones added some bling to the Ribbon Border and 1/4 Grosgrain Pink Ribbon made the bow at the top.
I cut 2 pieces of Blushing Bride card stock (1) 3 x 3 1/8 inch (1) 3 x 2 1/2 and used the Scallop Trim Corner Punch to punch the 4 corners of each piece and then stamped the sentiment.
The inside sentiment came from the  last years Sale-A-Bration stamp set "you're are never more than a thought away"

If you have any questions as to how I made any part of this card just let me know. I am always happy to answer any questions you may have about this card or anything else I have made in the past.
Ok, now it is your turn to create something fun!

2 comments:

Carla said...

So pretty, love those colors!!! Hugs,

Carey said...

I love those colors together. The whole card is very different from something you would normally do. AND it looks great. Proud of you my girl.

Carey and Roscoe