Monday, January 10, 2011

Getting ready for a Workshop

Hello my blogging friends. I hope this post finds you all well and happy!
I think I have got a grip on my Holiday cleaning, Finally!!!How about you?  Now just getting everything in storage and out of my Studio will be the last of it.
I've got a workshop in a few weeks and the hostess wants a Valentines theme so for the next few days I think I will create a few samples and go from there as the date gets closer :).

I used the Sweetheart stamp set from the Big 2010-2011Catalog. You will find it on page 58. The clear mount set is only $15.95. It is a very versatile stamp set and you can really use a lot of imagination to create with it.

This is a little something I was playing around with this morning. It took me quite a bit of time and several samples later to get it the way I wanted it to come out. Lining up the hearts finding the right ink and paper combination's just right took some practice.
I tried three of our embossing folders to get the one I felt was the best for the look I wanted to achieve for the red heart. I finally chose Petals-a-Plenty. You will find it on page 214 for only $7.95. I used the Black gingham ribbon that I purchased on our big pre-Christmas sale after Thanksgiving and thought a few rhinestones would add some bling to the heart too. I just love the look of the new
Glimmer brads that we came out with. A pack of 40 brads is only $4.95 that's not bad! See the Occasions Mini on the left hand side of this blog to check out what all is inside the whole Mini. Finally, I  free handed (is that a word lolol) the XOXO for fun. Have a great day and try to create something fun. Let me know what you think of this card OK.

No comments: