Monday, September 26, 2011

Gently Falling

Hello to all my blogging friends. I hope this post finds you all well and happy.

I had a few extra pieces left over from a project I made with the Gently Falling Stamp Set last month. I thought what am I going to do with these pieces so after some consideration I came up with making a Harvest Broom Card and this is how it came out.
I made a collage background with two stamp sets I have, Faith in Nature and Nature Walk. I used More Mustard, Cherry Cobbler, Night of Navy and Always Artichoke inks. The broom handle was made by rolling up a scrap piece of Vanilla card stock and sponging Chocolate Chip and Basic Black ink on the handle. Then I took another scrap piece of card stock and made very thin cuts in it to look like bristles on a broom. An Antique Brad and a SU Dimensional holds it all together. I used a Antique Safety Pin to hold all the little tags I punched out. I had a scrap piece of Poppy Parade Ribbon hanging around and it was placed at the bottom of the card. Lots of layers and lots of distressing rounded off this card.

Here is a photo of the inside
 
Let me know what you think about this card.
I have been doing a bit of stamping all week so I have lots more to show you so please come back tomorrow.
Now it's your turn to create something fun!

4 comments:

Sandi said...

I just had to get to your blog and see all the deets on this GORGEOUS card. Wow, wow, wow!!!

craftystamper said...

Wow my friend. You certainly are crafty. I'm going to have to call you crafty patsy pretty soon. Absolutely love the broom you made.

ArtisticInkspirations said...

Cool broom!! the handle almost looked like you used pine needles. !! Lovely card!!

Carey said...

I love it.

Carey and Roscoe