Monday, September 26, 2011

Wicker Weave Chair

Hello to all my blogging friends, I hope this post finds you all well and happy!

Today's card was really fun to make. I was in a "Whole Page" Swap this summer where you received a whole page of a specific stamp set. One of these stamp sets was "Have a Seat". I always liked this set but could not think of what to put with it for a background. This weekend I was sorting through some Yard Sale items and saw a wicker place mat . Well that gave me the idea that I could take it apart and use my SU Hemp Twine to weave it back together myself so I gave it a go. Here is the card I created.


Supplies used

Ink- Early Espresso Rose Red, More Mustard and Crumb Cake.
Card Stock - Very Vanilla, scrap from 6x6 DSP Pack Rose Red, Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler.
Embellishments- Antique Brad, small antique brads, Victorian Lace Ribbon , Jumbo Eyelet and Hemp Twine.

Stamp Set- Have a Seat, Plane and Simple and Sense of Time.
 Punch- Modern Label
Misc. Wood place mat, and a Distressing kit.

That's it for today. I love being able to create fun new out of the ordinary cards.
Now it is your turn to go and create something fun.

3 comments:

craftystamper said...

Patrice, what an imagination, and what talent to combine an old wicker mat with a stamp set. The result is gorgeous!

ArtisticInkspirations said...

Great use of "other materials".. very nicely put tog!!

Carey said...

You are so imaginitive. Sorry I have been MIA from looking. I haven't been looking at a lot of blogs lately. I am just too busy at home and work. Don't they know I have things to look at when I am at work?

Carey and Roscoe