Thursday, September 1, 2011

SFF 090211 Mini Blog Hop

Hello to all my blogging friends, I hope this post finds you all well and happy!

It's time for our Sketch Frenzy Friday Mini Blog Hop. I am really excited about this simple yet stunning Sketch that Jennifer Weide made for us this week.!


I scheduled a class for VC_Rocks this summer with our own Angela Walters about creating cards from Sketches. (Hi Angela) Thank goodness I was able to chat with her about sketches and how to work with them when you are out of ideas, no time.... Because, there are times like tonight that I was so wiped out from the week that I just didn't have any Mojo left.  So I simply followed the sketch as it is and went with it. I only have this current background stamp so I tried to make a background but I didn't like how it came out (as I mentioned I have no Mojo left). I surrendered to the sketch and let it create this card.( Make it bigger to see the pearls and the shimmer)
I used sponge daubers to color in the stamp in Marina Mist Crumb Cake and Old Olive Classic Inks. Then I used the Huffing Method to rehydrate the stamp and stamped it on Natural White Card Stock. Then I spritzed the entire card with Shimmer  Mist. Next I put a circle of pearls around the center flower and then added a white antique brad in the center. I cut a strip of Marina Mist CS and placed a strip of Antique Lace over it, then added some more pearls to the ends and attached it to the bottom of the card. I made the sentiment using the Modern Label Punch and a Marina Mist strip. I used My Friend and the Medallion Stamp Sets to create this card. I hope you like it and give this sketch a try!When you do please upload it to our blog so we can enjoy it too! http://www.sketchfrenzyfriday.blogspot.com/
Your next stop is Robbie Rubulas beautiful and creative blog http://inkedx2.blogspot.com/

Have a greatweek and go and create something fun. 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous--doesn't look like a "no mojo" card!!! Hope you get some rest this weekend!!

Deb said...

Wow! This turned out beautiful!! I love the different colors sponged onto the stamp! Great job, Patrice!!

Creative Apple Scrampers said...

WOW! wish I had some of you no mojo....lol

Carey said...

This is fantastic even with you insisting you don't have any MOJO. I am proud of you my friend. Angela's class was great for helping us when we don't have what we need to create. Let me know what is going on.

Carey and Roscoe

inkedx2 said...

Great card! I will have to remember to sponge on ink on my bigger stamps. I use markers and it takes FOREVER!!!!! Great card!

Kim Innis said...

I absolutely love the colors!

Anonymous said...

Simply stunning.

Susan (rainy) said...

No mojo? Really? Gosh, Patrice, I think this is gorgeous! Love the shimmer and how you used a couple of different colors on the image.