Friday, September 30, 2011

Operation Write Home WCMD and Hopping Just For the Fun of It -2 Blog Hops

Hello to all my blogging friends, I hope this post finds you all well and happy!

What a great way to celebrate World Card Making Day by being a part of this amazing Blog Hop, by helping to honor and celebrate our families and friends who are in the armed forces. The theme for this hop is Holidays. Christmas is my favorite time of year so I want to share with you a  project I am thinking of making as gifts this Christmas.
I also really like making Halloween cards so I have to show you what I came up with check out the bottom of this post to see it!
Let me know which ones you like OK.

My Husband works at the local Veterans Hospital as a Certified Bio Medical Technician. He is always honored to serve his fellow soldiers. He says "it is in his way a small part of giving back to those that have served in the armed forces". He has met so many brave men and woman and has a deep respect for them all. He has taught me a lot about US Military Branches and especially what it means to be a Marine "OOORAH" I truly love my freedom and what the United States of America stands for I too have a deep respect for those that give their lives everyday to protect our freedom.

I made a special Christmas Project especially for this hop. I never like to throw anything away as I know it can be made into something fun. I saw a blog post a while back and remembered I had taken a class on how to make a Mini Scrap Book out of Toilet Paper Rolls so that's what I have for you today. It's like having six mini cards in one booklet. Always remember to Recycle and Reuse what ever is around to make something fun.
Here is my Project;




I will have a tutorial up next week as we are limited to pictures and space in this Blog Hop. I hope you liked it and got some new inspiration from this olde but goodie crafting project.

OPERATION WRITE HOME BLOG HOP Once you have looked at my projects and hopefully left me a comment, hop on over to the next blog. But if you would like to go to the home page please start here http://www.owhstarsandstamps.org/ 
Use this link as the button doesn't seem to work?




"Hopping Just For The Fun of It"

I am also involved with a very talented group of ladies who have just started a monthly blog hop we are called "Hopping Just For The Fun of It" we will have a blog hop the first weekend of every month and may even venture out to do challenges and other things so please come back next month too. It just so happens to be a Holiday theme as well. Here is my Halloween card submission.


The only thing really special about this card is the fluffy piece behind the owl. I used a 10" strip of Real Red 5/8 inch Grosgrain Ribbon that I feathered one half of  and attached it to the back of the moon with sticky tape. I think I can give a small tutorial on how to do it next week ?? This weekend is way too busy for me to get into that lololol.
Have fun on the Blog Hop and remember to come back and visit me again real soon. Your next stop will be Dawn's blog http://www.stampinatdawn.blogspot.com/
If you get lost please start at  http://www.theloveofstamping.com/hopping_just_for_the_fun_/

Now it is your turn go create something fun!

31 comments:

Kathryn said...

Beautiful embossing! I love how crisp the pale blue, white, and silver look together.

Veronica said...

Very pretty tp project and Halloween card! TFS, Patrice.

Unknown said...

I like the color choices, so cool and wintery! And good for your husband!

Paper Love said...

Very cute projects. Thanks for sharing. :)

Lauren, Paper Love
readysetlove@me.com
www.readysetlove.me

AJsArts said...

I love the embossing very elegant cards. Thank you for sharing :)

Manda :)
ajsarts at gmail dot com
http://www.ajsartsanddesigns.com
http://www.ajsdigishoppe.com

Cynthia Ferenz said...

Wow, 2 blog hops in one. Love all projects, especially the owl card. TFS!

Cindy Ferenz
Proud Parent of 2 Soldiers

andrea said...

think I just might have to return for the tutorial on the recycle and reuse to see how you did this! Blue and silver are always a good choice for Christmas!

Fab said...

Lovely card

Unknown said...

Love your layouts for these cards and great reuse of common materials (with uncommonly beautiful results! :-) Thank you for sharing. P.S. that owl card is a "hoot"! love the patterns, and sentiment inside.

Jen M said...

What a clever project! Love the cool blue and silver together.

Cindy O said...

Very pretty embossing. Thanks for sharing.

Nichole Loe said...

Patrice! I love both of your projects! What a grand idea, putting both hops in one post. I am on both hops as well, but didn't think that far - so I have two different posts. I love the real red behind the owl!!

Carey said...

What a great job on both of them. I looked all over and I can't figure out what are the toilet paper rolls. I can't wait for your tutorial.

Carey and Roscoe

My Need 2 Craft said...

Very creative. :) Way to go green (or blue?) hehe

Pam said...

Blue and silver! Wow!

Bridget Larsen said...

I love construction projects, signed up to follow your blog

Laurie said...

I love using and reusing! Thanks for sharing with OWH!

stampershirley said...

Cannot wait for your tutorials, Patrice!! Love your projects - the ribbon idea is great and one to try myself when I can get back to stamping ... and I love blue and silver, so soft and pretty. Hugs to you, my friend ....

Janice said...

Wow,great projects!

Rhonda Miller said...

Sooo great. TFS.

adele holcomb said...

Pretty stamps!

Tracey said...

Love the embossing - might just have to snatch up some of that pewter powder, :)

KilkennyVFX said...

The silver and blue are so pretty! What a creative idea for the scrapbook. I love the papers and colors on your Halloween card. Great projects!

inkedx2 said...

Love your card. I was wondering how you did that red behind the center image. Great idea I will have to try.

Nancy M said...

I love the blue, white, silver--elegance and beauty, with some cuteness thrown in, too! Someone will be tickled--bet they arm wrestle over it!!!! TFS

Ann said...

Fabulous project! Love the colors and the embossing! The owl is also adorable!!

Paula S. said...

The pale blue and silver are a beautiful combination! I'm going to use it on some of my OWH cards. Thanks for supporting Operation Write Home!

Cheryl said...

Wonderful projects!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Fun recycled project- and love the owl in the ruffle! The troops are sure to love receiving these! Great OWH Hop!

Ann Schach said...

I can't wait for the tutorial, Patrice! The album is so creative and is gorgeous! And the owl card is just too cute!

Julie said...

That's a beautiful project, with a lot of great ideas that could be applied to cards! I love all the silver embossing.