Saturday, September 10, 2011

Hopping Just for the Fun of it! Sept. Blog Hop

Hello to all my Blogging Friends, I hope this post finds you all well and happy!

I'm so glad you came to visit my blog today. This is a very exciting time for us at "Hopping Just for the Fun of it". Because this is our very first (I hope of many more to come) Monthly Blog Hops. You most likely came here from Eileen's Blog http://www.elefevre.blogspot.com/  didn't she do a great job on her project. I am number 9  in the line up but if you would like to start from the beginning so you don't miss anyone click on the following link http://www.theloveofstamping.com/hopping_just_for_the_fun_/   and that will get you to the home page.

The theme for this months Blog Hop is All Holidays.  I chose Halloween as my theme this month. I just love this little stamp set Howl-o-ween Creeps. The little characters are so cute (I mean Scary) and so versatile. This stamp set is really great when combined with the Cellophane Treat Bags that Stampin Up has for sale in our new Holiday Mini Catalog. (If you need a catalog leave me a message).

So I made up a set of six treat ideas and colored in the scary faces with markers and an Aqua Painter. Then I punched them out with the 1 3/8" circle punch and attached that piece to a punched Scallop Circle. I then filled three of the cellophane bags with treats- 2 pencils wrapped in DSP, 4 Crayons and 2 Gel Pens.  I attached the remaining three Scary faces to some Low Calorie options. I have to think of other goodies besides candy as we still have 6 weeks before Halloween and I don't need all that extra candy around the house! I know "What's that all about" right!
Here is a close up photo.
I hope you like my Halloween Treat Ideas and don't hold it against me that I didn't use candy he he!
Have fun this weekend and I hope you get a chance to make something fun yourself.
Please hop on over to Holly and The Dogs blog and see what fun creations Holly came up with    http://inkpaperstamps.com/2011/09/10/sizzix-stocking-accent-die/I know you will not be disappointed. Our next Blog Hop is scheduled for October 1st so please be sure to stop back by!

13 comments:

Krafting Karen said...

Just great! Love all the things you found to use in the bags!

Veronica said...

What cute treat toppers! TFS.

Nichole Loe said...

Patrice! These are adorable!!

Kym said...

Great project. Those little monsters are so cute.

Carey said...

Great job. I wish I had the will to not get the candy yet. But then Roscoe would never talk to me again. You know how he loves his candy. I love everything you came up with to put in the bags.

Carey Rogers (aka your BFF)
aka Roscoe's mommy (the swap eating dog)

Anonymous said...

How very creative of you to find other stuff to put in instead of candy....love it, thanks for hopping with us today, Barb

inkedx2 said...

This is so cute! What a great idea! You have given us lots of examples to fit any situation you would need a little gift for.

Robbie

Cynthia Ferenz said...

Cute! I love the idea of using things besides candy all the time.

Cindy Ferenz
Proud Parent of 2 Soldiers

Anita said...

What a cute idea!

MJ said...

These are just adorable! I love that you didn't use candy. I always try to do non candy treats for my son's school. Great ideas.

Diane Clark-Sutton said...

Great project. I also like the non-candy ideas.

Susan (rainy) said...

I've been looking at those cellophane bags in the Mini. LOVE the pencils in them. So cute, Patrice.

stampershirley said...

Love these, Patrice! I like to use non-candy treats but I can honestly say I never thought of covering the pencils with DSP! You're sooooo clever! Hugs to you, my friend