Sunday, January 15, 2012

For my Valentine

Hello to all my blogging friends. I hope this post finds you all well and happy!

I had some time today to finish up a monthly card swap for a group I am in.
 I used a stamp from the soon to be released SAB product line. The stamp set is called Sprinkled Expressions. It is just darling. The theme for this month is Valentines, Love or Romantic.

Here is the card I made;
I used Real Red and Basic Black and White CS. I even got a chance to use the new Textured Impressions Adorning Accents heart folder on the lower half of the card front for some added texture.
I wanted something extra to put on the ribbon embellishment. No red or white buttons I have caught my eye. But, I did find some heart brads in my stash. One problem they were multi colored???? So I get out a block of Oasis (green foamy stuff florists use) and some red nail polish and went to town lolol.

It is very easy to paint them while using tweezers and then stick them in the Oasis to dry.
I even pained my nails while I was at it lololol.

Here is a shot of the inside.
I used real red Classic Ink on the heart. The sentiment is from a retired Hostess set called Occasional Quotes.

That's it for today I hope you find some time to create something fun today.

Thanks for stopping in,
Patrice

1 comment:

Carey said...

How wonderful. Great idea to stick them in the Oasis to paint them. I have never thought of that. I just use my forceps and do them one at a time. This is a lot more time efficient. Love ya,
Carey and Roscoe