Monday, January 23, 2012

Paper Pals Arts Challenge #127

Hello to all my blogging friends. I hope this post finds you all well and happy!

I struggled with this sketch all day long. The colors I tried to pull together were really bugging me, so I changed those up ...a lot...lololo. I was dead set on using the stamp set Friends Never Fade for some reason go figure, so I worked around that for a while until I got it the way I wanted? Then coordinating all the pieces was fun too!
Here is this tricky little sketch. Really it isn't the sketch, I think it was me lolol. I guess that's why they call them Sketch Challenges, because they are supposed to be challenging (smile)! To get some inspiration please visit their site http://www.palspaperarts.com
The PPA design team really know their stuff and made some very lovely cards out of this sketch!
Oh well here she is I hope you like it!
I added the timepiece front with the umbrella on it because it matched the paper. Believe it or not this DSP has umbrellas and watches on it! I thought it was a fun embellishment because it coordinated!
Here is a look at the inside. I "Huffed" on the colored image to stamp a light impression on the center of the inside of the card. I think it is called a second generation image, but don't quote me on that (smile)? Carey is that right?
Second generation images are perfect to use as an inside image or for making coordinating envelopes.
For those of you who do know know what "Huffing" is Carey my BFF and Mentor told me you just breath all your hot air on the previously stamped image to rehydrate it and re-stamp it. I thought she was telling me I was full of hot air at first lolol.

Have a great Monday and I hope you find some time to create.
Thanks for stopping in,
Patrice

4 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Great job with the sketch! Pretty paper and pretty flower imagwe!

Carey said...

You are so right my dear friend. I also like what someone called it at convention last year. They said you were "giving it the breath of life". Isn't that cute? Your card is fantastic. You really do such a good job with sketches. Hugs to you from me and the furry one. Say hi to all the boys from us.

Carey and Roscoe

Susan (rainy) said...

Patrice it's beautiful! Your effort paid off. And I love that you stamped and played on the inside as well.

Lesley said...

This is beautiful Patrice, great job with the sketch!