Monday, January 2, 2012

Sprinkled Expressions Star

Hello to all my blogging friends, I hope this post finds you all well and happy!

I had some time to play again today so I looked around for a color challenge and saw one over at ColorQ challenge http://colourq.blogspot.com/2011/12/colourq-challenge-117.html      which looked like fun. I can appreciate Red, Black and White as a striking color combination so I gave it a whirl.
Here is what I came up with;
In keeping with the New Year Holiday I came up with this card. It is also my Father In Law's birthday so I will send this out to him. Happy Birthday Glenn, here's to many more.
This is a peek at the inside too;
I'm giving you a  sneak peek at one of the fun Sale-A-Bration sets that are soon to be released at the end of January. This set has 3 great image stamps and 3 fun coordination sentiments that go with  it. I used Black Grosgrain 5/8" , Black Gingham 3/16" and Red 3/8" Grosgrain Ribbons to make the fun ribbon embellishment. I stamped the background image in VersaMark and applied clear embossing powder to it, then heat set it to make it shiny!The focal image was stamped in Real Red ink then I over stamped that image with VersaMark and clear embossing powder to make that shiny as well. Another good reason to use clear mount stamps you can see where you want to stamp. I ran the white card stock piece thru the Textured Impression Folder (TIF) -Stripes and the black piece thru the Polka Dot TIF. Die cut 3 stars and added a fun streamer embellishment to them and tuck that under the large white piece of CS. Add a few rhinestones to the focal star and there  you have it. If you ever have any questions as to what I did to create a card please leave me a note and an e-mail address and I will get back to you.

I hope you enjoy this card and find some time to create something fun too!
Thanks, Patrice

3 comments:

Carey said...

I love it!! It is really darling. Hugs to you my BFF (and talented one)

Carey and Roscoe

Susan (rainy) said...

What a great guy card, Patrice. Love the new images, too, and that you stamped on the inside of the card as well.

Ann Schach said...

Wonderful card, Patrice! I love the "tail" on the Stars...it is like a comet! And the inside is perfect!