Saturday, January 14, 2012

Framelits- Lables Collection

Hello to all my blogging friends. I hope this post finds you all well and happy!

You all know by now about the new Framelits Dies that SU came out with in the Occasions Mini this month. I love them and have been having lots of fun with them. But, there is one draw back to their packaging. There are 6 dies total in the plastic container and they are set loosely inside the container. I was worried I would misplace one of the smaller dies in a mad dash to clean up my desk one day. So I had to use extra caution while handling them.

While blog surfing this week I have read several posts about how some of the ladies are storing their new Dies on SU Magnetic Sheets.  This is great if you have the sheets that SU sells. I looked around in my stash for what I do have and I found a couple rolls of magnetic strip with adhesive tape on one side. I opted to reinforce the tape with additional stick strip just to keep the magnetic strip from rolling back up. This is what I came up with. Let me know what you think!
Here they are fresh out of the plastic container.
Here is the reinforced 1/2 sticky strip .
The magnetic strip was very easy to cut with SU's Craft and Rubber Scissors. The thicker sticky strip helped secure it to the cardboard packaging. I added the roll of the magnetic strip to the photo to show you what it looks like. I found it a while back at a craft store.
This is what it looks like nice and secure. Notice that the finished project is standing up and how nicely the dies are held in place.
I just added this photo to show what I did with the Edgelits too. I kept the magnetic strips long just in case SU comes up with more of these wonderful little goodies.♦

Well that's my take on keeping the Labels and Edgelits dies in place. Sometimes a girl has to do what a girl has to do!

Have fun this weekend and create something fun.

Thanks for stopping in,
Patrice

2 comments:

Queen Bea Scraps said...

What a great and yet simple idea. Thanks for sharing this.

Carey said...

Great idea you are doing. Now I have to order the Framelits so I can do this. Hurry up January 24 so I can get some Sale-a-bration things too.

Carey and Roscoe