Monday, January 9, 2012

Rue Des Fleurs PPA 126 Color Challenge

Hello to all my blogging friends. I hope this post finds you all well and happy!

Happy Monday to everyone. I know this is going to be the start of a great week for all of us! I can feel it in my bones, or is that because it feels like spring around here! It's about 80 degrees and I'm going to have to water the garden again real soon if this keeps up.
But, until then, I had a little extra time to play along with the Paper Player Color Challenge 126 http://www.palspaperarts.com/2012/01/ppa126-color-challenge.html.
Here is their challenge and it is a good one.
I love these colors together! They are so scrumptious. I had to breakout the Rue Des Fleurs stamp set for this one because I wanted to make an extra special card.  It feels like this color combination has a hint of elegance  and softness to it.

Here is my card

I tried a close up view so you can  see  the Dazzling Diamond and Chrystal Effects that I put on the umbrella!
I hope that helps. I am experimenting with the camera and my photo editing program.
To start with, I cut out the top piece of the umbrella and mounted it on Dimensionals as well as the little flower bouquet above the handle. Then I applied Crystal Effects and Dazzling Diamonds and a few Rhinestones to give it that little extra touch of bling. The Top Note Die, the Scallop Oval Die and a Textured Impression Folder -Vintage Wallpaper gave it some added dimension and texture. I also used the corner rounder to keep with the softer look of the card to finish it off. 
Here is a look at the inside.

Just a little extra something too dress it up a bit. I won some wonderful DSP blog candy last week over at  The Stampin Schach, so I thought I would use some of that today.
 I hope you enjoyed the card and you have a great day planned. Here is to finding some time to create something fun.
Thanks for stopping by,
Patrice

4 comments:

Sharon Field / Inky A*Muse-ment said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sharon Field / Inky A*Muse-ment said...

Oh Patrice, this is absolutely gorgeous! Love the inside too!
Hugs,
Sharon

Susan (rainy) said...

Oh this is beautiful, Patrice. Love the umbrella and love that you gave the inside some love, too!

Lesley said...

Gorgeous! You really created an awesome card here Patrice.