Thursday, January 5, 2012

Sketch Frenzy Friday and a Face Lift!

Hello to all my blogging friends, I hope this post finds you all well and happy!

I hope you like the new look! I'm still getting used to it myself. I have been working on it for a couple days. I figured it was time to give My Little Patch of Dirt a Face Lift! And what better time than the first of the year right! If you have a moment, if you could be so kind as to   leaving me a comment or any ideas you may have about the new look or content It would be so appreciated.

Yes, it's Sketch Frenzy Friday time already! I know right! Didn't we just have Christmas? I just can't believe how time flies when we are having fun lololo. I'm really working on keeping my spirits up and my Mojo flowing these days.

Here is our amazing sketch and it is brought to us by or very own Tammy Baldwin. Isn't it fabulous! I just loved it! Tammy you did a great job on this sketch! It was tough, but lots of fun.
 Here is what I came up with
You know how some cards you can make in 30 minutes and how some take all day! Well this was an all day project. I flipped it upright and give it a distressed look.
Here is a look at the inside;

Again I used some of our new items from the Occasions Mini;
Framelits-Lables Collection, Attic Boutique DSP (SAB), Apothecary Art Stamp set (For You) and a Hat Pin.
Already in the catalog;
 Pearls, Soft Suede Satin Ribbon, Victorian Lace Ribbon, Happiest Birthday Wishes Hostess Stamp set, and a Mini Vintage Tag.
Oldie but goodie items that I thought worked great in this card;
A Silk Flower that I colored Calypso Coral, A few items from the Pretties Kit,  Early Espresso ink and a sponge wedge.
Sorry about the lighting on the picture quality. I broke my OTT Light today. It was looking like it was going to go out for the last few days but today I flicked it with my finger and it popped, Yikes what a mess! I'll have to order one of these quick!

I really hope you like the card and the new Blog look and find some time to play in your stamping space today!
Your next stop on our Mini Blog Hop is to visit Robbie Rubula's blog. She is so darn talented, I know you will enjoy her creation   http://inkedx2.blogspot.com
If you would like to show us what you have created from this sketch we would love to see it as well. All you have to do is to upload it to our blog  http://sketchfrenzyfriday.blogspot.com

Have a great weekend and be safe because you matter!

6 comments:

Susan (rainy) said...

Awesome card, Patrice. Love all the textures and dimension.

Carey said...

I love both the new look for your blog and the card. Happy new year my friend. How is mom?

Carey and Roscoe

Deb said...

What a super cool card! I love all the layers and the distressing! The pearls in the corners are just perfect! And great new look for the blog!!

Sunflower Stamper said...

Wow, Patrice! Love it-lots of depth!

inkedx2 said...

Awesome card! Love your facelift.

Sharon Wheet said...

I completely understand the 'all-day' card. And its usually the day you can't really afford to take all day. But, its beautiful! I love all the layers and the distressing! TFS.